276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Gift: 12 Lessons to Save Your Life

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our best teachers are often the most toxic, obnoxious people in our lives. The next time you’re in the presence of someone who irks or offends you, soften your eyes and tell yourself, “Human, no more, no less. Human, like me.” Then ask, “What are you here to teach me?” It takes courage not to be discouraged. There’s progress and change all around us; nothing new ever happened before. Set a timer for ten minutes and make a list of as many things as you can think of that are better now than they were five years ago. Think on the global scale—human rights advances, technological innovations, new works of art. And think on the personal level—things you’ve made, achieved, or changed for the better. Let the work that still needs doing be a catalyst for hope, not despair.

The Gift by Edith Eger 40 Best Quotes From The Gift by Edith Eger

Today’s episode shares the story of one woman’s resilience, strength, determination and ability to create hope from hopelessness. Resolving grief means both to release ourselves from responsibility for all the things that weren’t up to us, and to come to terms with the choices we’ve made that can’t be undone.”Today, Dr. Edie is a prolific author and a member of several professional associations. She has a clinical practice in La Jolla, California, and she holds a faculty appointment at the University of California, San Diego. She has appeared on numerous television programs, including CNN and the Oprah Winfrey Show, and she was the primary subject of a holocaust documentary that appeared on Dutch National Television. Dr. Edie is frequently invited to speaking engagements throughout the United States and abroad. Edith Eger’s powerful first book The Choicetold the story of her survival in the concentration camps, her escape, healing, and journey to freedom. Oprah Winfrey says, “I will be forever changed by Dr. Eger’s story.” Thousands of people around the world have written to Eger to tell her how The Choicemoved them and inspired them to confront their own past and try to heal their pain; and to ask her to write another, more “how-to” book. Now, in The Gift, Eger expands on her message of healing and provides a hands-on guide that gently encourages us to change the thoughts and behaviors that may be keeping us imprisoned in the past.

Edith Eger Quotes (“The Gift”): 12 Invaluable Lessons to Best Edith Eger Quotes (“The Gift”): 12 Invaluable Lessons to

A powerful, moving memoir–and a practical guide to healing–written by Dr. Edith Eva Eger, an eminent psychologist whose own experiences as a Holocaust survivor help her treat patients and allow them to escape the prisons of their own minds. #TheChoice thechoicememoir.comI have PTSD. Yes, sometimes I do yell, but I’ve always been very selective about who I do it in front of. We can be wounded and accountable. Responsible and innocent. We can give up the secondary gains of victimhood for the primary gains of growing and healing and moving on.” When you risk, you don’t know how it will turn out. It’s possible that you won’t get what you want, that things will be worse. But you’ll still be better off, because you’ll be living in the world as it is, not in an imaginary reality created by your fear.”

The Gift by Edith Eger | Waterstones

The inner Nazi is the part of you that has the capacity to judge and withhold compassion, that denies you the permission to be free and victimizes others when things don’t go your way. If you’ve been following The School of Greatness for a while now, you know that I experienced sexual abuse when I was five years old by a man that I didn’t know. And for 25 years, I suppressed the emotions of that trauma and didn’t tell anyone my story. I was so ashamed that if anyone knew this about me, no one would love me or accept me as a human being. When I finally shared my story, a weight was lifted off my shoulders, and I finally saw what it meant to be a survivor and not a victim. Dr. Eger talks about the 12 physiological lessons she shares in The Gift, and how to shift your mindset from being a victim to becoming empowered. The interview also focuses on lessons of avoidance and self-neglect.Dr. Edith “Edie” Eger (IG: @dr.editheger) is a sought-after clinical psychologist and lecturer. She helps individuals discard their limitations, discover their powers of self-renewal, and achieve things they previously thought were unattainable. Forgiveness has nothing to do with me forgiving because I don’t have God given powers or do, we are given as a gift that I give myself and not allow anybody to take residence in my body” – Dr. Edith Eger In every crisis there is a transition. Awful things happen, and they hurt like hell. And these devastating experiences are also opportunities to regroup and decide what we want for our lives. When we choose to respond to what’s happened by moving forward and discovering our freedom to, we release ourselves from the prison of victimhood.” The best thing to do with anger is to learn to channel it, and then dissolve it. It might sound simple enough. But if you’ve been taught to be a “good girl” or a “good boy,” taught that anger is unacceptable or frightening, if you’ve been hurt by someone else’s rage, it isn’t easy to let yourself feel—much less express— your anger.” Dr Eger’s Online Courses. Join Dr. Eger on a life-changing journey with her online masterclasses in emotional self-healing. Find your life’s purpose & experience the power of forgiveness. Learn more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment