276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anything Could Happen: A gloriously romantic novel full of hope and kindness

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eliza needs answers – and so does Lara. Their journey to the truth will take them on a road trip across England and eventually to New York, where it all began. Dreams might have been broken and opportunities missed, but there are still surprises in store… The story had a great flow during the reading and it wasn't too obvious what would happen at some points.

I loved Lara. She’s feisty and, even though she needs a little reminder to not be so scared, she knows herself. Eliza is like her mother – a strong female character. She is trying to find out who she is and discover what she wants from life and right now, she wants to get to meet the dad she never met. The characters were lovely described but nothing made them unforgettable to be honest. They were your average, likeable characters - except for Kirsten which I immediately disliked and my feelings towards her didn't change. She was always unhappy, always blamed other people and she herself was not the most loyal, adorable woman she thought she is. They were realistic and relatable. The plot was super easy to follow with some twists and turns on the way but also the feeling of predictability and the happy end was only a question of time - however, this time, it didn't bother me, I read Lucy Diamond's books because I want this happy end! Favourite things: beaches, holidays, chocolate, wine, reading, Green Wing, bubble baths, sunshine, hearing my children laugh, babysitters We also meet Lara her mum, these two have a very close relationship and adore one another. Lara is a strong lady who has been through some hard times in her life but spent the last 20 years being the best mum that she could be.

Customer reviews

For Lara and her daughter Eliza, it has always been just the two of them. But when Eliza turns eighteen and wants to connect with her father, Lara is forced to admit a secret that she has been keeping from her daughter her whole life. I really did love this book. It’s a perfect escape, even if that is only this book, a comfy chair, and a favourite drink. Ben and Lara only meet again after Lara’s daughter, Eliza, finds him after an internet search and goes to Cambridge meet him. Eliza is an impulsive teenager who only thinks about what she wants, whatever the outcome, she wants to meet her Dad and doesn’t consider what this news will do to him or his wife. Lara slowly reveals the secret of Eliza's conception - a night of passion with a man In New York. A chance meeting. Opportunities missed. So Eliza initially sets out to find the mystery man (Ben) on her own without success and Lara begrudgingly tags along - and where do you think they find him - Facebook of course. In haar kenmerkende vlotte en warme schrijfstijl neemt Lucy Diamond je vanaf de eerste pagina mee in de roerige levens van deze personages. Het verhaal heeft een rustig tempo en ze neemt de tijd voor uitgebreide karakterschetsen, afgewisseld met inkijkjes in de gedachten van deze mensen, waardoor je iedereen goed leert kennen. Het zijn realistische, levensecht neergezette karakters die allemaal hun eigenaardigheden hebben en nu de confrontatie met zichzelf aan moeten gaan, om moeten gaan met de gevolgen die belangrijke onthullingen teweegbrengen in hun levens en de consequenties van eerder genomen beslissingen, achtergehouden informatie, misverstanden en gebrek aan communicatie moeten aanvaarden.

After thorough internet searching, Eliza makes Lara take her to Cambridge to meet Ben, her biological father, who Lara met one serendipitous night out when she was interning in NYC. While Ben and Eliza build a relationship, Ben's marriage to his wife falls apart. Anything Could Happen is a wonderful read – the twists and turns of the story meant I couldn’t put it down – JILL MANSELL I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review. This is actually my first time reading anything Lucy Diamond has written and I will make sure to try out her other books. I really enjoyed the storyline to this book, for the first couple of chapters I really though Eliza was a bit of a brat, it really was just her circumstances though and I loved seeing her grow as a person and mature into a lovely strong independent young woman.With a stark contrast between Lara and Eliza's quiet life in Scarborough, and Ben's lively family life, there are poignant moments showing how differently Lara and Ben's story might have turned out. But these are balanced out by Lucy Diamond's funny and heartwarming storytelling. In this book we meet Eliza, she is an 18 year old girl who is about to finish her school life and trying to find out exactly who she is and where she fits in, in her life. There are some cringing moments in the story and heartbreak in many other ways. It was strange because I still felt compelled to find out where this would all end. I liked the story because it brought out such strong emotions in me, even though they may not have been the ones I was supposed to feel. So would I recommend this book? Most definitely. As you can see, there are a lot of complex relationships forming and collapsing in Anything Could Happen. It's a book that undeniably takes you on a journey as Eliza and Lara both connect (and reconnect with Ben). Every character has their flaws, which to me makes them so much more real and relatable. Filled with heartbreaking, heartwarming and tender moments, the book had a good pace as it takes you on a journey.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment