276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marriage For One

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s fascinating to look back and see how my thoughts have shifted in the time since its release, and it’s also interesting to acknowledge that I’d be equally enthusiastic to read a book like this one in 2023. So make sure to grab yourself a copy of this beauty, and of course add it to your TBR because missing out on the story that is Jack Hawthorne is a sin itself. J. Shen, Laurelin Paige, Leylah Attar, Marni Mann, Mia Sheridan, Monica James, Nashoda Rose, Pam Godwin, Penelope Ward, Pepper Winters, Rachel Leigh, Rina Kent, RuNyx, Sara Ney, Sawyer Bennett, Sierra Simone, Skye Warren, Sophie Lark, Terri E.

I’m here for a good, take care of someone when sick trope, buuuut this one went on for probably 100 pages or so and slowed down the pacing of the book a bunch. mostly Rose because she was either crying or frustrated over the fact that Jack never smiles because he’s an arrogant guy. The thing is that many of us are motivated to not do things for a lot of different, perfectly valid and reasonable, reasons. I'm definitely still interested in reading more from Ella Maise because I truly was so into the tension between the characters, but the book as a whole just went on too long for me.

The whole situation with the marriage was pretty ridiculous but damn don’t we all wish to just get it all at once? Every scene showed their development, and even tho I’ve read this book again and again, their interactions will always feel stimulating to me. Meanwhile, both have similar: ‘meet-cute’ (when the hero first sees the heroine) moment; type of gruff, stoic hero; and slimy, pervy ex-boyfriend/OM drama.

This book has everything, slow burn, sexual tension, banter, secret, spice, grumpy X Sunshine and the best characters. And colour us surprised if Ella Maise didn’t even manage to throw us a curve ball or two that had our hearts teetering on the edge. i– i was lying in bed, squealing like an idiot bcos this man rolled his shirt sleeves up and began painting a fucking wall.

Maybe love can start with a contract… but will Rose still feel that way when she learns the full terms of their deal? Meaning he might not talk too much, but his actions speak the loudest and at the end, I believe that’s what matters in a relationship. The rest of the novel however, Jack just became this rugged, yet emotionless expressive kind of character that made me want to keep on reading until Rose would finally be able to cram him. He's so moody and rude and filthy rich, and he is so hot and cold with Rose, it's honestly exhausting. Though you also have to admit that the synopsis is one that hooked me in, and if you have not read it yet.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment