276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unholy Murder: The edge-of-your-seat Sunday Times bestselling crime thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In stupidity and unprofessionalism she definitely has a partner, DC Boon. They both have to be trained in how to keep their mouth shut to people that have nothing to do with the case. I can even point out the unfortunate events that could have been avoided if they knew how to do their job properly.

Unholy Murder by Lynda La Plante – The Unseen Library

And still, they brushed it of as unfortunate event that, and I quote "can't change and have to move on". Unholy Murder is an excellent new novel that continues the excellent Jane Tennison series by the amazing Lynda La Plante. Featuring a clever mystery, some great characters and a really intriguing plot hook, Unholy Murder easily grabs the reader’s attention and ensures that they become deeply attached to the outcome of the story. I had an outstanding time reading this latest book and I look forward to the next instalment of this fun series in 2022. She was caught up with an unnecessary romance with someone that could be involved in the case, which she thought it was love after only meeting once professionally and one date. The worst romance (sort-of) was the one with the Priest. A Priest for the love of God. Also, the romance couldn't be more cheesier and cringy. I have a lot more to say but the points were made. Nice concept and amazing writing for a poor execution and unlikable characters. I also really liked both of the characters we had here. DCS Barnes, a completely new character to me, was particularly interesting with his past history with the Church. I liked that La Plante didn’t shy away from showing the biases that are inherent even to investigators who are meant to look at crimes through as objective a lens as possible. It’s simply not possible for a person not to bring their own baggage to some of these scenes, so it was nice to see the author give her characters these natural flaws.

The convent was a home for many orphans and unfortunately, child abuse scandals, but the records were destroyed. Many of the people that lived and worked there have already died, but the ones living have some dark secrets hiding in their closets....shady people... I enjoyed the research involved finding these people.

Unholy Murder by Lynda La Plante | Goodreads Unholy Murder by Lynda La Plante | Goodreads

La Plante is a great author whose books I have featured several times over the last few years. Best known for her work in British television, where she produced and wrote several shows and television movies, La Plante has really started to focus more on her novels recently, producing some awesome and compelling reads. Out of all her recent works, the one I have been enjoying the most is the outstanding Jane Tennison series. Serving as a prequel to the acclaimed Prime Suspect television series, the Jane Tennison novels follow a younger version of the show’s protagonist, the titular Jane Tennison, as she works her way up the ranks of the Metropolitan Police. This series has so far contained several awesome and impressive novels, including Good Friday, Murder Mile, The Dirty Dozen and Blunt Force. The latest entry in the series, Unholy Murder, contained another amazing mystery that sets the protagonist against the dangerous influence of the Catholic Church.Blunt Force, the previous novel in the Tennison series was my least favourite. I was worried Unholy Murder would follow up from Jane's previous investigation. I have read of all of the Tennison books both in this series and the Prime Suspect books. I loved the first four of the young Jane investigations . The previous two not so much. The writing style of La Plant is short fact based sentences which gives you the sense of urgency Jane and her coworkers must feel while investigating. There is no added fluff to distract you from the prime focus of solving the murder. It is 1982, Detective Jane Tennison had quite a volatile history during her previous service in the Met, and she sometimes feels that people are just out to get her. Since she cannot change what happened, it is time to move on to a new assignment. She is a fighter, not a quitter, and she wants to make inspector. It is time for Tennison to communicate better and work as part of a team. From the things I liked, I praise the author's writing skills as it was easy and clear to follow. However, that's all the good I have to say. I can always count on Lynda LaPlante for a multidimensional police procedure thriller with some human interest romance thrown in! I have loved her Jane Tennison for many years, she is a wonderfully flawed character who always adds humanity into her investigations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment