276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Promise of Blood: Book 1 in the Powder Mage trilogy

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Angered, Nila becomes a domestic servant in Tamas's household, hoping for a chance to assassinate him. The book's cover, by Gene Mollica and Michael Frost, was also nominated for the Ravenheart Award for Best Fantasy Book Jacket/Artist. In January 2021, Joseph Mallozzi announced that he would be writing and producing a television series based on the books with No Equal Entertainment and Frantic Films. Meanwhile, Tamas is busy with purging the country's nobility and struggling to maintain peace during the inevitable civil war.

Kirkus Reviews gave the book a starred review [5] stating: "A thoroughly satisfying yarn that should keep readers waiting impatiently for further installments. Tamas has brought revolution to his country in one bloody night to save his people and right the wrongs caused by the old regime. Most of my questions were answered and I didn’t feel like anything was missing once I finished the book. His relationship with famed general Tamas is a strained one, and despite his best efforts, Tamas always seems to want him around as no more as a particularly useful soldier. Promise of Blood is a fantasy novel by American author Brian McClellan, the first book [1] in The Powder Mage trilogy.Using this recipe McClellan really spiced it up between the three groups as part of their exchanges. Richard Bray of Fantasy-Faction wrote in his review, "In all, The Crimson Campaign is the rare middle book of a trilogy that actually kicks its pace up a notch.

By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Winner of the David Gemmell Morningstar Award, Promise of Blood is the explosive first novel in the most action-packed and acclaimed new fantasy series in years. And even though I thought I didn’t like flintlock fantasy, it’s happened again with Brian McClellan‘s Promise of Blood. The leader of these creatures, the Nameless One, has been trapped in the Abyss for ages after having been severely wounded by the sword Ascalon wielded by Galian Berethnet. Where they lack in power, they make up for in reach and alacrity and the added benefit of being able to deflect bullets, force gunpowder to explode from a certain distance with their minds and all that.Gratefully, considering the Revolution theme we didn’t have to wade through pages of blood and beheadings, but the backdrop added well to the undertone for the narrative and the characters stories and motives are portrayed well because of it. However, I’ve never been overly concerned about issues like that, given the inherent magic of … magic.

Tamas is aware that Adro is in a precarious position and cannot currently afford to go to war with Kez again, but his restraint dissolves when the leader of the delegation is revealed to be Duke Nikslaus, the Kez Privileged who personally executed Tamas's wife, Erika.McClellan’s magical world is divided into three main factions; the Privileged, the Powder Mages and the Knacked. He asks Adamat, a retired police inspector with a perfect memory, to discover what the mysterious Kresimir’s Promise might mean. Yet his actions have far-reaching consequences of which no reasonable man could have conceived, and the king will prove the easiest obstacle to overcome in his quest to free Adro.

Mihali, possibly quite mad in claiming to be the son of a god, indeed proves to be a master chef, evidently with the ability to conjure food out of thin air. It’s an amazing work, and has the series well-situated for an outstanding finale in The Autumn Republic due out next year. At the climax of the summoning ritual, Taniel uses his mage abilities to shoot the resurrected Kresimir directly in the eye, apparently killing him. Here, Shannon chooses a more traditional view of magic, where light fights against dark, earth against sky, and fire against water.The claim that they were all killed is just to prevent Royalists from trying to find them to rally behind. Add to that the overarching plot that has been set up, and my own tendency towards disliking monarchies, and Promise of Blood is a book I can easily recommend to anyone. Back in Adopest, Taniel is instructed by his father to find an uncommonly powerful member of the Royal Cabal who managed to escape during the coup. Julene, eager for more power, has been planning to summon Kresimir back to the world and use him to establish herself as the main new power.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment