276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Divine Rivals: The stunning YA romance fantasy Sunday Times number 1 bestseller: Book 1 (Letters of Enchantment)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rich, evocative details build a world both gritty and whimsical, and Ross’ gorgeous prose is equal to the novel’s ambitious premise. Readers who enjoy enemies-to-lovers with a heaping dose of angst will find plenty worthwhile here." - Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Mercy never has a moment to herself. She’s been single-handedly keeping Birdsall & Son Undertakers afloat in defiance of sullen jerks like Hart, who seems to have a gift for showing up right when her patience is thinnest. Almost a month,” Sarah had replied. “So don’t worry about him having seniority. I think you both have a fair shot at the promotion.” Soon everyone began to leave for the day, save for her and Roman. Desk lamps were being turned off, one by one, and yet Iris remained, typing slowly and arduously, as if every word had to be pulled from her marrow, while Roman two cubicles away was pounding into the keys.

Divine Rivals Series: The Complete Guide to the Popular Divine Rivals Series: The Complete Guide to the Popular

If some long-forgotten god turned up in our world today, what do you think might happen? Are there any mythical beings you'd actually like to see in our world? Why? Typewriters (magical and otherwise) are important to the story here. Do you like typewriters or another type of retro technology? What do you like about it, and how do you use it in your life?To combat her worries, Iris writes letters to her brother and slips them beneath her wardrobe door, where they vanish—into the hands of Roman Kitt, her cold and handsome rival at the paper. This is a wonderful young adult fantasy romance that isn’t really heavy on the fantasy but brings in just enough to give it that something extra to make it unique. It was empty, and she was pleased until she glanced at the assignment board and saw him standing there, waiting for her to appear. As soon as their eyes met, he gave her a lazy smile and reached up to the board, yanking a piece of paper from a pin. The last assignment. When two young rival journalists find love through a magical connection, they must face the depths of hell, in a war among gods, to seal their fate forever.

Divine Rivals Quotes by Rebecca Ross - Goodreads Divine Rivals Quotes by Rebecca Ross - Goodreads

Families can talk about love during wartime -- and why it's such a popular storytelling theme. How do you think Divine Rivals compares with other wartime romances? I must confess I have a soft spot for romance books that incorporate epistolary elements. There’s something so captivating about letters, and My Roommate is a Vampire truly reflects that to perfection. An ardent romance and a harrowing exploration of war’s horrors and heartbreaks… with inventive worldbuilding, nuanced characterizations, and prose by turns dreamy and atmospherically tense.” – Publishers Weekly Two rival journalists during a war of the gods? I was instantly captivated by this story, and it was genuinely hard to put down once I began. It's compelling and magical -- and the romance! SWOON. It's well-written and unique, and weaves such an enthralling tale of magic with a story of war. It's unlike anything I've ever read and I can't wait to have a physical copy for my shelf! Well done, Rebecca Ross! Lots of violence and pure terror in the lives of humans going about their normal lives until they become pawns and/or collateral damage in a war between gods they didn't really believe existed. Both modern technology (like bombs and poison gas) and mythic monsters are weaponized, and characters witness carnage. Many characters readers meet along the way won't be there by the end, and their loss is often poignant.Not that I know of,” Sarah had answered with a shrug. “But he doesn’t share much about his life with us. In fact, I don’t really know that much about him, other than he doesn’t like anyone touching the things on his desk.” Lovely War” delves into the lives of two couples who cross paths during WWI: Hazel and James, who meet at a London dance, and Aubrey and Colette, a Belgian refugee who has lost everything due to the war. Did you know you can flag iffy content? Adjust limits for Drinking, Drugs & Smoking in your kid's entertainment guide. Get started Close

Rebecca Ross (Author of Divine Rivals) - Goodreads Rebecca Ross (Author of Divine Rivals) - Goodreads

That’s a pity.” He sighed, releasing a puff of smoke, although Iris knew Zeb’s opinion on the war, and it never failed to irk her. “What about your parents?” Expelled into the middle of a mystical war, magical typewriters in tow, can their bond withstand the fight for the fate of mankind and, most importantly, love? In my office, Winnow,” said a familiar voice. Zeb Autry, her boss, was walking by, and he tapped the edge of her cubicle with his golden ringed fingers. “ Now.” In the meantime, I hope you will find your place, wherever you are. Even in the silence, I hope you will find the words you need to share.”

Did we miss something on diversity?

I admit that I was eager to read Divine Rivals because I saw so many parallels with Fourth Wing (dragons being the big exception!). This trilogy is excellent. It not only features an incredible slow-burn forbidden romance but also blends political intrigues, the chaos of wartime and high-stakes. A sweeping start to a beautiful and romantic new series. Ross weaves her stories in such a vulnerable and delicate way, truly with a style all her own. I adored this book." - Adalyn Grace, New York Times bestselling author of Belladonna Beautifully written and deeply emotional, Divine Rivals is a story of resilience and love, crafted with Ross’s bewitching storytelling. Real characters, swept into a magical war, this is the kind of a tale that gets under your skin and straight to your heart. Truly romantic and atmospheric, this book will leave you hungry for the next installment.” - Valia Lind, USA Today bestselling author of The Scarlet Rose

Divine Rivals: The stunning YA romance fantasy Sunday Times

I don’t think you realize how strong you are, because sometimes strength isn’t swords and steel and fire, as we are so often made to believe. Sometimes it’s found in quiet, gentle places. The way you hold someone’s hand as they grieve. The way you listen to others. The way you show up, day after day, even when you are weary or afraid or simply uncertain. That is strength, and I see it in you.” You mentioned the other day that you think I’m only here to ‘outshine’ you. But that’s the furthest thing from the truth. I broke my engagement, quit my job, and traveled six hundred kilometers into war-torn land to be with you, Iris.”Once he was gone, she had finished reading his article in peace. It made her heart ache—his writing was extraordinary—and she had dreamt about him that night. The next morning, she had promptly torn the paper to shreds and vowed to never read another one of his pieces again. If she did, she was bound to lose the position to him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment