276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cuisinart CI650-25BG Classic Enameled Iron Cookware, Cast, Provencal Blue

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Enameled cast-iron Dutch ovens are known for their superior heat distribution and their ability to retain heat. That’s what makes them great for slow-cooking beef stew, preparing casserole dishes, and baking fresh bread. Enameled cast iron is almost always quite heavy. Look for a Dutch oven with wide looped handles to make sure your perfectly cooked beef stew makes it safely to the table. Otherwise, you might be cleaning a liquid mess off the floor as you search to replace a broken Dutch oven. For me, I like the Le Creuset 7.25-Quart (6.8 liter) Dutch oven for its ability to handle larger items while still being light enough to carry. Cast iron cookware can make for some heavy lifting, after all! quart dimensions 10.1 inches x 12.7 inches x 6.5 inches and weighs 9.9 pounds Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5.5-Quart Round French Dutch Oven

This Cuisinart Dutch oven is easy to clean. Reviewers consistently commented on the ease of cleaning. And since this isn’t regular cast iron, you don’t have to season the pan after each use. The high quality enamel lasts longer than any other. But over time depending on the types of dishes you cook the light interior may discolor. Avoiding tomato sauce and acidic foods will help retain the clean light surface enamel

Hi, I’m Michelle, the founder, owner, author, and editor of OvenSpot. My passion for one-pot cooking commenced when I was working to prepare cafeteria lunches for school students. I am now on a mission to assist you in choosing the cooking pot or appliance you will use daily. As well as in-depth information to assist you in using and caring for your cookware and appliances. Lodge, a U.S. company based in Tennessee, is one of the top names in cast iron cookware. While their enameled products are manufactured in China, these pans still undergo a strict quality control process. Both the Le Creuset and Cuisinart Dutch ovens performed well in the test kitchen. Customers love how they cook evenly and retain heat. Both pots can handle high oven temps and are safe for induction cooktops.

All Cuisinart Dutch ovens are made in China. This is quite common with enameled ovens, with the most notable exceptions being French brands like Le Creuset and Staub. Is Cuisinart’s enameled cast iron dishwasher safe?

I personally never clean any cast iron in a dishwasher. I prefer to hand wash in soapy water and dry immediately to eliminate any chance of rust developing on my cookware. While chipped enamel on the lid or rim of the pot won’t affect the cooking ability, it does diminish the beautiful appearance. And while Le Creuset and Cuisinart both offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty, they do not claim to cover damage from normal wear and tear. Smaller Dutch ovens are available, but they are obviously more limited in their servings. Larger capacity Dutch ovens are great for large crowds, but they are hefty. They also come with a heftier price tag. Coming in second place in the test kitchen, this Cuisinart cast iron Dutch oven has a good reputation. But does it live up to the hype?

It’s an interesting novelty, and I’m sure there’s a use for it, but perhaps not in my kitchen! Pros All Cuisinart enameled cast iron products come with a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty will cover defects in the manufacturing but not much else. What are the alternatives? Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron 5.5-Quart Oval Dutch Oven Cuisinart’s Chef’s Classic Dutch oven is an excellent value. It may not have the same durability as Le Creuset Signature enameled cast iron, but it offers superb performance and versatility at a fraction of the cost. This machine might not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it's a durable workhorse that's easy to clean with a simple wipedown, and it comes at an excellent price for its quality.The cast iron construction gives this Chef’s Classic pan even heat distribution and superior heat retention. This pan is hefty, so you might consider other Dutch ovens if you have weight restrictions. But like all cookware, not all Dutch ovens are created equally. There are some things you want to consider when purchasing one of these heavy-duty pots. Enameled Cast Iron It can be used on induction, and electric stovetops, and is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also broiler safe. The knob on the lid is oven safe and is easy to grip for easy removal. Love grilling up fresh meat and vegetables but don’t have the space or budget for an outdoor grill? A grill pan, such as the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Grill Pan, is the next best thing. These unique pieces of cookware have ridges along the bottom of the pan, designed to replicate the delicious char you’d get from true grilling. As with other cooking appliances made from cast iron, this Dutch oven retains heat as well as provides even heat distribution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment