276°
Posted 20 hours ago

keydous NJ80-AP Wireless Mechanical Keyboard with Knob Bluetooth 5.0/2.4G/Wired Connection 75% Hot Swappable Custom RGB Programmable Gaming Keyboard with PBT Keycap for Win Mac

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While you might be tempted to use the Keydous NJ80 without a USB connection to your PC, you actually need one, if you want to customize the keyboard via the software. The software is very limited, with most of the options available on the keyboard itself, but you can reassign all the keys on the Keydous NJ80, with the exception of the volume knob and Fn key. The volume knob can only adjust the volume and mute it with a press. Turn left to decrease volume and turn right to increase volume. Press down to mute and press again to restore volume. On the software side, the NJ80 uses Keydous’ proprietary software for all customization features. You are able to remap the main key layer along with one extra layer, however, your options on remapping are pretty limited; plus, there are no media keys. Moreover, you can record macros—which is always nice to see.

Tương thích: Windows / MacOS / Linux (Có Driver riêng để chỉnh LED / Macro / Update firmware / Keymap) I must say I am not entirely convinced by this keyboard’s included accessories. The rubberized cable is pretty drab, although it does match the color of the keyboard. A sleeved cable would have been a lot nicer. Keydous did throw in a cable tie to help you with things, and there’s also a keycap puller and a switch puller. Yes, the Keydous NJ80 does support hotswappable switches. Appearance Keydous claims the NJ80’s 4800mAh battery offers up to 28 hours of battery life with RGB on, and up to 90 hours with the RGB lighting off. In my testing, I didn’t find any reason to refute Keydous’ claims, as I never had the NJ80 die on me when I was using it.The keycaps on the NJ80 are great. Keydous has included PBT dye-sublimated keycaps that have got sharp and well-placed legends. They feel super comfortable under the finger and have a slight texture to them, which I appreciate. The keycaps, and by extension, the switches are cherry profile, so you practically have an endless list of options if you ever wanted to customize them. GOOD COMPATBILITY] NJ80 keyboard is Compatible with windows,IOS, MAC OS,Android and Linux systems.Extra 2 option & Command keys are included for MAC layout. If you want to factory reset the NJ80, you can do so by pressing and holding Esc, Left Ctrl, F12, and the right arrow key for 3 seconds. Mac Compatibility PROGRAMMABILITY] Defining your desirable typing preference by remapping keys in first& FN layer; fully programming the knob;adding key combinations; setup & record key Macros; adjusting or customizing the south-facing per-key RGB with 16 million color.2.4G WIRELESS PROGRAMMABILITY is available in the NJ80-AP keyboard.

FN+Tab= Switch the sleep time of lights. If the Caps light blinks once, it will start to sleep if it is not used for 2 minutes. Open the keyboard power switch, short press FN+44 key light flashing, and insert the receiver into the computer USB port. By doing this we can make sure that a copy of each manual we find stays online and is easily accessible for years to come.

Customer reviews

FN+F=MAC Switch between the multimedia key and standard key in zone F (the keyboard must enter MAC mode first) Likewise, switching between Bluetooth, 2.4 G, and wireless mode is incredibly simple. Bluetooth is FN+1/2/3, and because it is set like this, there isn’t a separate process to go through to save a Bluetooth device. It’s automatically set to whichever number you used to pair to in the first place. Then, to switch to 2.4 G mode it’s FN+4. Technically there is also a key combo for wired mode, but it just switched to that mode automatically when plugged in, so there’s not much point in that setting. When it comes to customizing the RGB lighting, the Keydous software offers a bunch of different presets such as dynamic breathing, sine wave, always on, and more. Bluetooth Connection Use the FN key in combination with other keys to switch between different modes, change the color, and adjust the brightness and speed. The fact that much more expensive, mass-market keyboards have worse feeling space bars shows the care Keydous put into perfecting each NJ80 they make. Software

The first thing I did was to reassign the Del key as a PrtSc key, so I am a happy camper. For the record, the default hotkey for PrtScr is Fn+P. So there technically is a PrtScr button on the Keydous NJ80. You can also assign shortcuts and macros to key combos involving the modifiers, and the macro recording portion actually works pretty well. However the key assignment could probably be better if you can assign it to have a secondary function when pressed along with a modifier key. The keycaps are high-quality PBT plastic, as seen on the best keyboards (and withheld from some of the stingier designs… Razer). In comparison, the case is a little underwhelming. It’s ABS plastic through and through, a rather dull white, and held in place with clips and very difficult to open. You could argue that it’s saving weight versus a more premium aluminum build, but this is already a pretty hefty board thanks to its premium interior components and a beefy battery. Two things immediately stood out when I started using the NJ80-AP. First, the V key is slightly raised compared to the other keys. Initially, I thought this would be an issue while typing, but it mostly hasn’t been an issue at all. My nails occasionally hit it when I go for the B key and cause an extra keystroke, but this is rare. Aside from that, I’ve had no issues with it, though I’m also not sure what the point of it being slightly raised is either. At first, I thought maybe it was to help find positioning without looking. However, in practice, this didn’t seem helpful at all. It might be due to my typing habits, but I tend to look for the notches on the F and J keys to find positioning. This might be useful for some people, but at least it wasn’t a real hindrance either.

Whoops!

The operation method of Bluetooth pairing :(first turn on the power switch at the bottom of the keyboard) On the inside, we have the keyboard wrapped in soft plastic. If you were hoping to get some PE foam to mod your keyboard with, you might be disappointed. Under the keyboard there are alternative keycaps, for you to turn the Keydous NJ80 into a Mac keyboard, or just change up the style with different colored keycaps. Previously, I saw some people mentioning that they got their Keydous NJ80 with a second volume knob, but I didn’t get one with mine. Then again, if you want to go for a completely different switch type, it’s entirely possible as the NJ80 is fully hot-swappable! You can fit any 2-pin switch you want, so the customization potential of this keyboard is very good. Stabilizers Lithium battery is built into the product. It is strictly forbidden to place the product in high temperature, high pressure and direct sunlight. If not used for a long time, please store the keyboard in a cool and dry environment, and turn off the power switch.

I only have two functionality complaints with the NJ80-AP. First, I don’t like how the dongle sits under the keyboard. It just sits on the underside facing straight down, making me nervous it might randomly fall out while ferrying it between work and home. Other keyboards I have used have it recessed in the notch made for the legs, which feels a bit more secure. That said, the dongle does fit pretty securely in there, so it is unlikely to fall out unless it loosens up over time. Either way, this could only potentially be an issue if you plan to move the keyboard between different locations often.Restore factory Settings: Simultaneously press the four corner keys of the keyboard for 3 seconds (ESC, Left CTRL, F12, right arrow) One of the main reasons why I got the Keydous NJ80, aside from the fact that it had a volume knob, was the fact that it connected via 2.4GHz wireless. As we all know, Bluetooth is great for efficiency and pairing with multiple devices like smartphones, but 2.4GHz wireless has the upper hand when it comes to latency. I did test the Bluetooth connection on the Keydous NJ80, and while some Bluetooth 4.0 wireless keyboards I tested exhibited severe latency issues, to the point of being a whole word behind when I am typing furiously, the Keydous NJ80’s Bluetooth 5.0 played well with my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi)’s built in Bluetooth, powered by the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 adapter. WIFI signal interferes with Bluetooth signal to some extent, so bluetooth receiver cannot be too close to WIFI signal source. Inside these owner’s manuals, you will typically find information on how to assemble, set up and even operate the product you have bought safely. The NJ80 keyboard Barebones kit is one of the most well-known keyboards in the mechanical keyboard industry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment