276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evermore (The Immortals)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After surviving a car accident that killed her entire family, 16-year-old Ever gains the ability to see auras and read thoughts. They should not take the message that this book puts forth about having sex with someone being the only way to prove your love or make a relationship last. It’s very important that her full focus, socialization and all of her needs are eventually devoted or met by the male protagonist. I really felt for her because of all she lost and what she struggled with daily… Evermore was a really fast, engaging read with some great characters. It’s important to reiterate to the young adult generation that nobody other than the hero is important.

The ending has Sara Holland’s signature shocking twist that makes you want to go back and reread the book to try and see it earlier in the book. Drina as the antagonist, it think maybe my biggest complaint, the whole explanation sort of wrecked the ending for me. The writing style, story, and characters are a bit like Meyer and Marr's popular books, but written with a new twist and voice. Teens will identify with Ever, who not only has to deal with relationship and friend issues, but also with a dead sister who refuses to cross over and crippling psychic powers that make it hard to cope with everyday life. Instead, I think the ending was the perfect way to complete the friendship theme that carried through both novels.

Also, I completely hated the fact that every single character in this book is a walking, breathing stereotype- Haven being the typical Goth who is shallow, being such a good friend that she gets pissed off at Ever for stealing Damen, then goes off with strangers and get’s herself in a whole load of shit. Ever realises he's hiding something, but nothing could prepare her for the truth - especially when the truth involves past lives, murderous enemies, everlasting love and the secret of eternal youth.

People who have average, painless lives aren't less "street" than you and they don't deserve to be shit on from a great height by people who've been through the wars. Drina hopes that Damen will see that he loves her, not Ever and that humans don't deserve his compassion.The actress/reader is excellent and I'm thinking that I might not have lasted this long if I were reading the book.

Plus, the story was so easy to figure out I didn't even have to finish the damn book to know what had/would/was happening. The reason why I may come off as very angry in this review is because it's not just the horrible kind of bad, it's the offensive kind of bad. But this is a testament to the world Sara created and all I can say is that it was a straight up beautiful finale.In no way is he to reflect almost every teenage boy to have ever existed and he must have no desire to find a partner for himself who is in anyway comparable in looks, kindness, intelligence or perfection. If he is a werewolf then he is allowed to be poor but must make up for it with incredible bedroom skills.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment