276°
Posted 20 hours ago

His and Hers: the thrilling, suspenseful and gripping psychological thriller soon to be a major TV series with Jessica Chastain as Executive Producer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

La historia se centra en el asesinato de una mujer en una pequeña ciudad inglesa, y los dos personajes principales son una periodista y un detective que están investigando el caso. La narrativa se divide en dos puntos de vista diferentes: el de la periodista y el del detective. A través de estos dos personajes, Feeney ofrece al lector una mirada detallada a los misteriosos sucesos que rodean el asesinato, lo que aumenta la tensión y el suspense a lo largo de toda la novela. The first POV is that of Anna Andrews, a news journalist that has finally been working in her dream job. She is anchoring a noon hour broadcast on BBC. She has given up a lot to get here, started from the very bottom rung of the ladder, even sacrificing her relationship with her husband which ended in divorce. She is never really happy with herself though, is an alcoholic and eats almost nothing to maintain the look that she wants. Listening to the audio version, l must say one of the narrators just killed it (pardon the pun) with the creepiest voice EVER! Whiplash had set in by the time Feeney was done with me. And she kept me guessing until the very end, with my final choice of culprit still being pathetically wrong.

This is where the YAWN came in. I fell asleep as I slowly became more and more bored and disenchanted with this unlikable tale and woke up in the middle of some awful part about cats being captured and having their tails cut off.His & Hers is a twisty, smart, psychological thriller. A gripping tale of suspense, told by expertly-drawn narrators that will keep listeners guessing until the very end. Some truly terrible things had happened in Anna's village and I definitely think she was in the right to leave it far behind. Regrettably, we all know buried secrets seldom stay buried. Coincidentally, Cat Jones is the same Catharine that was at Anna’s birthday party; she is also married to Anna’s cameraman in the present storyline. This was a huge red herring, though. The Spoilers: Cleverly plotted and tightly written, this deliciously dark thriller will leave readers breathless… Feeney’s best book yet’ Daily Express

Honestly, that final twist and ending was completely ridiculous in my opinion. It was wayyy over the top and just didn't make sense to me???? Richard Armitage and Stephanie Racine give an arresting performance of this dark psychological thriller.... As secrets are uncovered and additional bodies are found, Armitage and Racine shine with impeccable pacing, building tension that adds to the suspense." ( AudioFile Magazine) A] cunningly constructed psychological thriller.... This is a masterpiece of misdirection." ( Publishers Weekly, starred review) My slight criticisms are totally personal preference and nothing to do with the author, or her skill at weaving an intriguing tale.What we don’t know.. Well, Baaah! Alice Feeney sure fooled me. That’s all I have to say about that. Your misdirection flawless, with plenty of plausible red herrings for us to suspect and then reject along the way! I finally got to read this, I had to see what all the fuss was about. And actually, I didn’t love it. It was ok but I didn’t love it. I think my main gripe was all the foreshadowing, the talking in riddles, giving little hints without actually saying anything. It’s easy to be mysterious when you don’t tell the reader what is actually happening.

Campo’s recent producing credits include “The L Word: Generation Q” at Showtime and the Apple dramas “See” and “Truth Be Told.” A gripping debut with a brilliant twist, I LOVED it!” —BA Paris, New York Times bestselling author of Behind Closed Doors The most richly accomplished of the brothers’ pairings to date—and given Connelly’s high standards, that’s saying a lot. Maybe I’m a liar too. I chose this career because I wanted to tell the truth. I wanted to tell the stories that mattered most, the ones that I thought people needed to hear. Stories that I hoped might change the world and make it a better place. But I was naïve. People working in the media today have more power than politicians, but what good is trying to tell the truth about the world when I can’t bear to be honest about my own story: who I am, where I came from, what I’ve done.

Need Help?

Alice Feeney’s His & Hers is quite the thriller whodunit. It had me zigging. And zagging. Constantly. Never have red herrings caused me to point my finger at so many suspects, assured of their guilt, only to turn right around and abandon my theories. Harry Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer team up to exonerate a woman who’s already served five years for killing her ex-husband. Nevertheless, I enjoyed His & Hers. It’s heart-racing. It’s addictive. It’s (mostly) smart. And it undoubtedly falls on the better end of the thriller spectrum. The story starts off lighter with a murder, and I started to get comfortable with the pace and then as secrets are revealed things turned darker than I expected. After reading Alice Feeney's last book, I am not sure why I didn't except a darker turn to the story. I think listening makes it sound a bit more disturbing for me than reading it. And then some animal scenes came up, and I wished I wasn't paying attention then, however, I did practice some selected hearing there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment