276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse (Book 3): Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and The Olympians, 3)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The one thing that made me shake my fist like an old man was Annabeth missing for a large chunk of the book. It was a smart plot device for another adventure, but oh man, I missed her! I've not been "real complimentary' of these books up to this point, I gave each 3 stars...said they were what I'd call, "not bad". I dropped this one to 2 stars...it's getting to "bad".

Imagine your biggest flaw is that you’re too loyal to your friends and would sacrifice yourself if it meant saving them. Kronos - A Titan condemned to Tartarus. He is being resurrected through a gold sarcophagus. He is not only the father of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, but of Chiron as well.Artemis - Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt. She saves Percy and his friends from Dr. Thorn but fails to prevent Annabeth from being captured by Dr. Thorn. She later sends the Hunters to Camp Half-Blood while she goes on hunting the Ophiotaurus alone and is kidnapped in the process. The goal of the quest is for her and Annabeth to be rescued. She later declares Percy and his companions as heroes in the winter solstice at Olympus. Bianca sacrifices herself in the Junkyard of the Gods, which is located in the Southwestern U.S. desert region, to save the group from the Talos prototype. It never fails to impress me how the author can intricately put everything into these books. I never feel bored and I love the view he takes on different mythology stories. After reading this book I'll never look at Hercules the same. One of my biggest enjoyments is seeing different American landmarks mentioned in the story, and seeing their odd connection to the Greek myths. You can tell the books are going to take a bit of a darker turn. It makes sense since they all are getting older and the inevitable prophecy is looming over. This offering in the series raises the stakes in small ways, but in others I felt like it was sort of... useless fluff. I am growing to love these characters more and more. With the Second Titan War approaching (it’s obvious), I can’t help but feel nothing but anticipation. Seeing these kids grow up in their way has been exciting to witness. Every scene gives a new, promising future, showing the growing potential of all the characters. I’ve also adored seeing how their feelings grow. I’m sure we’re all aware of Percy and Annabeth becoming a couple in the future, and it’s delightful to see the small things in their friendship. Not to mention, Grover has shown himself to be a trustworthy friend, someone Percy can rely on. I can’t wait to see how The Battle of the Labyrinth goes!

This time, Percy's going to need help and he's found two powerful demigods for the job. . .There's just the small problem of the prophecy. The one that has predicted not all of them will survive. Apollo - God of the Sun, Archery, and Prophecy. He drives a sun vehicle that, usually is in the form of a Maserati Spyder, can change with the push of a button. Apollo had recently traveled to Japan, and creates terrible haikus often. Dr. Thorn - A manticore who works for Kronos. He has a French accent and has heterochromia (his eyes have different colors).

Athena leaves, and Percy dashes behind a wall to hide from the skeletons. He hears a noise behind him, and, thinking it is a skeleton, blindly slashes at a mortal girl who can see through the Mist, named Rachel Elizabeth Dare. Because she is mortal, the blade passes right through her, as if it is an illusion. She saves Percy by confusing the skeletons, allowing Percy to escape to his friends. The group gets trapped on the dam but are saved when the giant metal angel statues given to Zeus by Athena carry them off after Thalia prays to her father. They complete the rest of the climb on foot to the Garden of the Hesperides, where Zoë meets her sisters and is poisoned by the dragon, Ladon. They continue to the place where Atlas used to hold up the sky, and they see Artemis taking on his burden. Annabeth is bound and gagged by Luke and Atlas. Realizing that the prophecy made by the Oracle involved him, Percy takes the burden of the Titan's curse from Artemis.

I should've written this review a few days ago but I didn't because I was pretty busy and well, lazy as well hahaha. My first year in university has started since Monday and I have been pretty busy with tasks lately but I'm enjoying my college life! ( so far ) it's so much fun!

Skeleton Warriors - They are monsters who were formed from ancient dragon teeth after Atlas plants them in soil and waters them in blood. The Titan's Curse was published by Miramax Books, an imprint of Hyperion Books for Children [1] and thus Disney Publishing (succeeded by the Disney Hyperion imprint). It was released in the United States and the United Kingdom on May 1, 2007. [2] The novel was also released in audiobook format, read by Jesse Bernstein. [4] [5]

Your fatal flaw is personal loyalty, Percy. You do not know when it is time to cut your losses. To save a friend, you would sacrifice the world. In a hero of the prophecy, that is very, very dangerous.” This was just EXCELLENT! My favorite of the series. It was wonderful to see Tyson again, however briefly. Loved the introduction of Thalia and everything she brought to the group, Zoe and the Hunters of Artemis. siblings Nico and Bianca. So many new characters, yet each one with very different motives and distinct personalities, not one similar to the other; each one so unique, and lovable in their way. And roguish Percy sneaking his way to assist the quest. The ever danger of losing Annabeth or Percy kept me gripping my seat at all times, the possibility of their doom so near, threatening every turn, had me fearing for my life with each step they made. Unforgettable battles against mythical figures like the Manticore, the Nemean Lion and Talos, among others. Appearances of Artemis, Apollo, Aphrodite, Ares and Athena, among other gods. A terrible final confrontation with loses for both sides, and a painfully bittersweet ending. for Zoe and Thalia!A graphic novel adaptation was released on October 8th, 2013, the same day The House of Hades was released. The demigods rush to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two powerful half-bloods whose parentage is unknown. But that’s not all that awaits them. The titan lord Kronos has devised his most treacherous plot yet, and the young heroes have just fallen prey. Chiron - A centaur that is immortal for as long as he is needed to teach heroes, trainer of demigods, assistant director of Camp Half Blood. Chiron is a son of Kronos. Chiron almost dies in a myth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment