276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DALI Katch G2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Wireless, Compact, Outdoor Speaker, 30 Hours Playtime, With Fabric Dust Cap, Pressure Level 95 dB, Chilly Blue

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Running along the top edge are five firm, responsive buttons that govern volume, power, Bluetooth pairing and sound modes (more on those later). Four lights surround the standby button, which light up incrementally to indicate the volume level, as well as denoting the sound mode, pairing and power status. The speaker’s fully digital Class-D amp musters 2 x 25W of power. There’s a Bluetooth 4.0 receiver with high-quality aptX streaming from compatible devices and, thanks to NFC, owners of Android phones will save themselves precious seconds when pairing. As we increase the volume, we find the Katch G2’s room-filling sound neither loses clarity nor errs toward harshness either –no small achievement from something with such bijou proportions. Dali Katch G2 review What Hi-Fi? Awards 2023 winner. Dali’s classy portable speaker is quite the Katch The most striking aspect of the KATCH’s design is the sheer slimness of the cabinet – 47mm to be precise. That makes it compact and easy to carry around, despite the inherent heft of the high-quality cabinet. There’s a leather carry handle at one end that slides away from the main body, which not only aids portability, but also looks nice when stowed away.

DALI Speakers Products | High Quality Loudspeakers | DALI Speakers

In the end, though, the Dali Katch stands alone. It’s the best-sounding, best-looking portable Bluetooth speaker on the market today and deserves all the plaudits it gets, beating my former favourite, the KEF Muo, for sheer audio quality.To find out, we connect a Mac via Bluetooth, which is easily found and connects automatically each subsequent time both devices are powered on. Let’s not get carried away, you won’t be replacing your entire hi-fi with this one speaker, but you’ll certainly be clearing bookshelves to find it a permanent home.

Dali Katch G2 review - What Hi-Fi? Dali Katch G2 review - What Hi-Fi?

BiggaJ said:Assuming you are referring to my comment, I apologise, I didn't realise we could not reply in such a way. In all honesty, should the forum be allowing posts that obviously have little to do with the product and lead others (like myself) to comment on their reaction? If you don’t want to play your music via Bluetooth, Dali has also included a 3.5mm aux connection, and there's a USB connector into which it suggests plugging a Chromecast Audio dongle to integrate your home network. There’s no network connectivity or apps with the Katch One –this is pure audio – soHDMI ARC is likely to be your method of connection. This takes the audio straight from your TV and supports CEC so that you can still use your TV’s remote to change the volume. There’s a small Dali remote included in the box for more functionality. Not only because the Dali Katch seemingly always has room to go further, defying its size with colossal thumps, but also because dynamically it fills us with anticipation for the grimy waltz-like riff that is to come.

Dali has ensured that, despite the G2's svelte dimensions, there's enough volume within the speaker's aluminium body for its woofers to deliver crisp, deep lows. The cabinet now has an internal wall dividing it into two inner volumes for improved channel separation, too. For a true stereo sound, connect two Katches together, wirelessly. This is ideal for larger rooms, parties or simply for enjoying the music as it was originally intended – in spacious stereo sound. I really like the AptX HD support. It seems to be dying out. I can easily tell the difference between normal Bluetooth and the AptX so one of the main reasons for choosing this speaker. Vocals are three-dimensional and emotive. Stream Berwyn’s Heartache & Chest Pains, and while the pensive keys are accurate across the frequencies and held dutifully within the cohesive mix as the beat comes in, vocal stylings are central, textured and nuanced. Safe to say that if this Dali’s sound matches its build and spec sheet, we’ll have a very competitive product.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment