276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM Lens

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With a 9-bladed rounded diaphragm, I get mild 18-pointed sunstars on brilliant points of light at the smallest apertures. I use a clear (UV) protective filter instead of a cap so I'm always ready to shoot instantly. I only use a cap when I throw this in a bag with other gear without padding — which is never. The UV filter never gets in the way, and never gets lost, either.

Autofocus speed lives up to Tamron’s claims and proved both very fast and consistently accurate throughout our testing. It’s also virtually inaudible, even in a very quiet room with nothing else going on. Tamron doesn’t make any claims about the effectiveness of its VC (Vibration Compensation) optical stabilization for this lens but, in our tests with a Sony A7R III body, we found it gave about a 4-stop benefit in beating camera-shake. If you own the AF-S 80-400mm VR I see no need to buy this newer version unless you need closer focusing, or just like to have the newest. See Is It Worth It and Should You Upgrade. The Nikon Z 100-400mm VR has no distortion as shot with the default distortion correction activated, and has mild to moderate pincushion distortion if you turn the correction off, or if you shoot raw data rather than JPG images and whatever software you use to create visible images from raw data doesn't correct the distortion as the camera does.If you’re a photographer, chances are you’ve wondered about the difference between 400mm and 600mm lenses. Here’s a breakdown of the key differences between these two types of lenses: Seeking the best printer for your business? Hit your productivity targets with inkjet and laser printers that are a perfect fit for any workspace – including home offices. Above: Heading out to the corner shows the tiniest softening compared to the middle if you’re being super-critical, but to all intents and purposes it looks very similar. Closing the aperture one third of a stop to f8 makes no difference, while closing one stop further to f11 fractionally improves the sharpness, but again it’s barely visible under most situations. The diameter of the Bokeh balls in the center is determined by the entrance pupil of the lens which is 71mm at 400mm focal length – the same as for the Nikon Z 70-200mm VR S at 200mm. Compression of the circle towards the corners is relatively strong wide open. The circle of confusion in the center stays round even down to f11. The inside of the Bokeh balls is only lightly textured but there is some outlining – albeit without coloration from loCA.

The Z 100-400mm VR S is the first super-telephoto lens in Nikon’s Z-mount line-up. Naturally, if you shoot with a DSLR or have an FTZ/FTZ II mount adapter for your Z-series camera, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to super-tele prime and zoom lenses. The 400mm F4.5 might not weigh too much, but it still takes up a considerable amount of space in your camera bag. It's also long enough to make your camera front-heavy, even though most of its weight is toward the rear. This is all to say that you should use the included tripod collar and foot if you rely on a support system. (Credit: Jim Fisher) Nano Crystal Coat (N): Magic anti-reflection coating that has a continuously variable index of refraction that's far more effective against ghosts and internal reflections than traditional multicoating. Especially compared to 70-200mm lenses, I never miss the 70-100mm end while I love the added 200-400mm range, and this 100-400mm VR focuses just as close as the 70-200mm lenses. I'll trade the 70-100mm range for the 200-400mm range any day!lenses are typically used for sports photography, as they allow you to capture fast-moving subjects from a distance. A 100-400mm lens lets you push a little further than the standard professional focal length of 70-200mm, and also offers more flexibility than a 500mm prime. They tend to be more affordable than these types of lenses, too, though with an understandable trade-off in terms of raw sharpness. A 100-400mm is more for versatility than getting the absolute sharpest picture possible, so bear that in mind going in. As we mentioned, this Canon 100-400mm lens is about 50% heavier than the competing Sigma version – and what's more, it's almost three times as expensive. So, what does all that extra weight and cash actually get you?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment