276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ring Automotive - RTC1000 12V rapid tyre inflator air compressor car pump with preset digital pressure gauge, memory function, 2 min inflation, LED light, carry case, valve adaptor kit

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Extra long 70cm air hose with easy access storage compartment specifically designed to reduce kinks Overall, I think the Ring RTC1000 is an excellent digital tyre inflator and does everything we ask of it. We were clutching at straws to find negatives with this really as it does everything well and is well priced for the quality you'd expect from Ring. The RTC1000 Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator makes tyre maintenance fast and easy. The RTC1000 inflates a 13" tyre in just 2 minutes. It comes with three adaptors, LED light storage case, spare valve caps and latex gloves. On the left-hand side is a storage gap for the inflation tube and connector, and on the underside is the 3.5m 12V power cable that is on a reel for easy tidy away. However, most manufacturers use the 13-inch tyre as a measure of inflation speed, so we’ll forgive Halfords that. In reality, we found that the Halfords Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator could take a 17-inch wheel from 22psi to 32psi — a range that you’re unlikely to need day-to-day if you’re diligent about keeping your tyres in good condition — in 1 minute and 36 seconds.

The unit is small enough to keep in your boot and comes with its own case to keep the dirt out of your car. The 12v connector can be neatly wound away on a spindle, saving the normal tangle you get yourself into. The 3.5m lead isn’t perhaps as long as some on the market but can do the job of reaching the tyre furthest away from the in-car power supply. While there are plenty out there, one of the best is Halfords' rechargeable inflator, which features a max pressure of 120psi as well as an auto cut-off function. I don't think we've ever had a Ring Automotive product that hasn't felt like a good quality product, this again feels like it will last. Like the Ring RTC1000, its designers have also thought of where to store your valve caps when you’re inflating, and have included a little stand.The preset digital air compressor function with auto shut-off saves time and hassle. Unlike other models, the display also features tyre pressure readings in PSI, BAR and KPA, so no more having to make complicated conversions from one type to another. For dark winter mornings or night time car breakdowns, there’s a handy LED lamp that features a torch, flash and SOS setting for extra convenience and safety. Inflators that come with cases always win extra brownie points on our book, so it’s a good start for the RTC1000. The other additions are also a great touch, the amount of times I’ve had to top the tyres up only to be left with hands covered in grime and brake dust for the rest of my journey, not anymore.

On our test car, a 2017 Peugeot 208 XY, the official tyre pressures are 2.5 bar front and 2.3 rear for a normal load. With a full car, these increase to 2.5 front and rear. The inflator sits on four rubber feet to prevent it scuttling around your driveway, while the air hose wraps snugly beneath the device. The same can’t be said for the 12V connector, though, which must be wrapped around your hand and cable tied before it can be reinserted into the inflator.

With extra-long 3.5m power cable + fused 12V DC power plug to help you reach all around the vehicle You can then either press the foot button to inflate the tyre or the green ‘Tap to inflate’ button on your phone. It will then start inflating until you get to your selected pressure before stopping.

I’ve got no idea what database the Ring Connect app uses, but it’s not right. So make sure you enter the values manually. Auto Express has reviewed the new RingRTC1000 Premium Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator, awarding it 5*, meaning it “takes While this 12V digital air compressor is not the most accurate nor the most durable, it is handy and stores neatly in your car boot. Unfortunately, the instructions are very poor and we’d advise you to try it out several times on arrival to familiarise yourself with the product.As it stands though I’m more likely to reach for my more convenient battery-powered pump when it comes to squeezing a few extra PSI into my tyres. It comes with a range of accessories, including adaptors for bicycle tyres, balls and other inflatables, and even a set of plastic gloves for keeping your hands clean. There are also some spare valve dust caps and a spare fuse. These are all useful, thoughtful additions, though it would be nice if there was a compartment somewhere within the device in which to keep them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment