276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Is Vegan Propaganda: (And Other Lies the Meat Industry Tells You)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall if you want to be a vegan that's great and you would be doing the world a favour, but if your listening to this for a balanced opinion I'd look somewhere else. This whole book is built on the basis of morality, and how we should treat animals. If your okay with killing something for food then it kind of falls apart.

The amount of pain, stress and suffering experienced by hundreds of millions of sentient beings with conscious experience, emotions, relationships and behaviour is unimaginable. And we are causing it. Just to have some simplistic, banal feeling of pleasure for a few minutes with our meal. Without necessity (in our modern affluent countries at least). Everything you wanted to know about veganism but were afraid to ask. Ed offers a clear insight into the ethical debate around veganism for vegans and non-vegans alike. He explores why the word ‘vegan’ inspires strong emotions and challenges all of us, whatever our dietary choices, to be aware of the decisions we are making. Ed’s approach is to bring logic, philosophy and understanding to a debate that too often descends into chaos. Essential reading.”― Matt Haig, best-selling author of The Midnight Library Of the many animal liberation texts, this masterful compilation of arguments in favor of veganism is truly a class of its own. This book is without doubt the most interesting book out there on the real truth behind the meat industry. This Is Vegan Propaganda is the empowering and groundbreaking book on veganism that everyone, vegan and sceptic alike, needs to read.

Overall, I think this is an essential read both for vegans and for curious non vegans, who care about the future of our planet. This book shows how veganism could change the world for the better, and also how dezastruos the current system really is. It's both an informative and a terrifying read.

To not know is one thing (very very few are born vegan) but if anyone can read this and not be spurred in to action then they are not the kind of person I would want within my circles. They have noticed a transformation in their audience. “Following The Game Changers, it has become more acceptable for guys to admit to a plant-based diet,” Firth says. “Maybe the term plant-based is a way for people to say they’re not eating animals, but in a way they don’t feel is signing up to a certain ideology.” Ed has used his vast knowledge regarding meat & dairy production to create a must read book for everyone, vegan and non-vegan alike. His arguments are compelling and grounded in facts and logic. This is Vegan Propaganda (And Other Lies the Meat Industry Tells You) presents an indisputable case for veganism and shows us that there is a far better way of feeding the planet. An eye-opening book of our time." ―Moby The irony of vegan men referring to meat-eaters as “pussies” is not lost on Adams: “It’s not undoing the association with women and negativity.” She points to the term “hegan”, a portmanteau of he and vegan, coined in a 2010 article about male vegans and defined by the Urban Dictionary as “a trendy male vegan”. “It’s this need to not be associated with women, who are perceived by society to be more compassionate and empathic,” Adams says. “But the world needs more compassion. Why is compassion feared? How do we undo this situation so that men are no longer afraid of being compassionate?”

Retailers:

I have been vegan for 4 years now and seeing the rise in veganism and awareness makes me so very excited! Having this book out in the world is so incredibly fantastic. Until very recently, the idea that meat provides protein, which equates to strength, was still a part of mainstream thinking.’ Photograph: Kellie French/The Guardian And now I want to talk a little bit about how Ed has impacted my life. His words at the London Animal Rights March in 2019 are a large part of the reason I decided to dedicate the rest of my life to the movement. I remember sitting on the floor of Parliament Square, surrounding by thousands of other vegans, and coming to the realisation that if we want change then we must work for change. We cannot be silent. The animals need us.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment