276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mark. Plan. Teach.: Save time. Reduce workload. Impact learning.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mark. Plan. Teach. is not only a very practical book for teachers but also a must-read for school leaders and teacher trainers. Its suggestions are grounded in educational practice and supported by education theories. The diagrams and straight-forward language make it so much easier to understand, demonstrate in teacher training or use as posters. I wish every school leader would read this book and make strategies accordingly to raise teaching quality while reducing teachers' workload.

MARK. PLAN. TEACH. - TeacherToolkit MARK. PLAN. TEACH. - TeacherToolkit

The materials support Mark Plan Teach teacher training and is ideal for those teachers/schools who do/do not have a copy of the book and/or those teachers who have been unable to attend any physical training days with Ross McGill.

McGillinsists that teaching boils down to three activitiesthatmustbeperformedwell–marking, planningandteaching. Here, heoffersten ideasto improvetheeffectiveness and efficiencyof each,withhelpful,accessible summaries of the researchunderpinninghisproposals. In Mark. Plan. Teach. 2.0, Ross Morrison McGill shares his vision to shape learning, our classrooms and school communities and gives us the tools that enable our journey to make change happen. Thank you for your experience and insight. Sharing Mark Plan Teach with 30,000 teachers, I often advocated that teaching is a team sport. Experienced teachers must help newer teachers solve complex, classroom problems.

Mark Plan Teach Resources Bundle - TeacherToolkit Mark Plan Teach Resources Bundle - TeacherToolkit

Inside you will find links to a series of videos for an online teacher training session with Ross Morrison McGill, with content designed to match a one-day professional development day for schools or individual teachers. I have shared this information here to meet demand and allow teachers to access the material. What’s included? This header photo is an image taken from the very first public event I led, sharing ideas from Mark Plan Teach. This snippet below is the foreword written by the fabulous Prof Andy Hargreaves. Somone I continue to learn from.

I love the way what Ross has written is so accessible and yet so provoking. Giving teachers hints, tips and practical ideas on how they can improve their practice and, ultimately, raise learning outcomes for their pupils is what matters, and by focusing on this, Ross does the entire country a huge service. The ideas have been tried and tested and are supported by evidence. Mark. Plan. Teach. shows how each stage of the teaching process informs the next, building a cyclical framework that underpins everything that teachers do. With teachers' workload at record levels and teacher recruitment and retention the number one issue in education, ideas that really work and will help teachers not only survive but thrive in the classroom are in demand. Every idea in Mark. Plan. Teach. can be implemented by all primary and secondary teachers at any stage of their career and will genuinely improve practice. The ideas have been tried and tested and are supported by evidence that explains why they work, including current educational research and psychological insights from Dr Tim O'Brien, leading psychologist and Visiting Fellow at UCL Institute of Education.

Mark. Plan. Teach. 2.0 Signed Book - TeacherToolkit Mark. Plan. Teach. 2.0 Signed Book - TeacherToolkit

Cutting straight to the heart of teacher workload, this book is full of provocative questions and range of classroom ideas and leadership strategies to demonstrate why teachers should do less, not more, to become truly effective. In 2012, Goldsmiths College (London) celebrated its 110th anniversary and represented every decade of its existence, representing the many who have passed through the education department; people who have gone on to serve education in various capacities, as well as society more widely.Ross McGill shares his 25 years of teaching and learning experience, research, trial and error; participation in studies and action research in schools as well as the experience of 18,000+ taught lessons and countless teacher observations. What did I learn from this experience? For one thing, as innovation after innovation had landed successfully in my classes, I just wanted the rush of more of them. I was over-planning due to over-excitement. The classes were becoming expressions of my passions but ignoring theirs. Second, I was a victim (or beneficiary) of my own hubris. Just because I was Teacher of the Year with one bunch of classes didn’t mean I could be Teacher of the Year in all of them. There are three things that every teacher must do: mark work, plan lessons and teach students well. With teachers’ workload at record levels and teacher recruitment and retention the number one issue in education, ideas that really work and will help teachers not only survive but thrive in the classroom are in demand. Every idea in Mark. Plan. Teach. can be implemented by all primary and secondary teachers at any stage of their career and will genuinely improve practice. The ideas have been tried and tested and are supported by evidence that explains why they work, including current educational research and psychological insights from Dr Tim O’Brien, leading psychologist and Visiting Fellow at UCL Institute of Education. He began teaching in 1991 and taught for 26 years in London's national-challenge (secondary) schools; 20 years as a school leader. Today, he works with teachers and schools worldwide, enhancing teaching and learning, reducing workload and improving teacher mental health.

Teachers Learning From Other Teachers - TeacherToolkit Teachers Learning From Other Teachers - TeacherToolkit

Ross qualified as a teacher with a BAEd in Design Technology with Secondary Education (QTS) from Goldsmiths College, University of Arts London (93-97). He gained a masters degree in Design Studies from Central St. Martins College, University of Arts London (2006). He is a former SSAT Design Technology Lead Practitioner and was recognised by The Teaching Awards in 2004. He supports the charity work of Survivors UK; Education Support UK; Bliss Charity and Tommy’s Baby. Ross’ sincere passion for improving teaching and learning is why so many teachers today listen to what he has to say. I’m delighted that Bloomsbury Education can, once again, work with Ross to provide what teachers need in their classrooms today to effectively support them and their students. Cover Design:Mark Plan Teach 2.0 builds upon how it has translated into a wide variety of contexts – the good and the not-so-good. The book highlights what I’ve learned from others, what works (or not), plus some new ideas I’ve discovered from my research at Cambridge University. As an academic and someone who has had a long career in initial teacher education (ITE), I am also particularly pleased to see the emphasis he puts on evidence. I am even more delighted that he takes a critical approach to this. He is clear about the complex variables involved in educational research and the danger of assuming that straightforward answers could be taken from it that would work in every context. Though these points are made very clearly near the beginning, occasionally throughout the book it could be argued that research and evidence is presented as unproblematic. This sketchnote offers a bite-sized summary of 25 years and 5 years of teacher workload research. The graphic also supports the very popular book, Mark Plan Teach – over 20,000 copies sold since September 2017.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment