276°
Posted 20 hours ago

final A5000 Single High Precision Dynamic Driver IEM Earphones With Detachable Cable

£129.5£259.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To test classical mids, I’m using The Piano Guys' “Code Name Vivaldi.” Dang, once again the A5000 manages to punch far above its weight here. The strings sound phenomenal – are we sure this isn’t secretly a hybrid? The bass can overwhelm the mids a tad once more, but the overall quality is so much better than the A5000’s price indicates. I really can recommend these to almost anyone looking for an IEM in this price range – as long as you don’t want it to look fancy or colorful and you don’t hate bass. SILICONE CARRYING CASE​It is a silicon carry case that can be rolled up and stored easily. The earphone body is softly fixed with a dome-shaped thin silicone lid. Campfire Audio, Chord Electronics, Dan Clark Audio (formerly MrSpeakers), EAR Micro, Eleven XIAudio, Enleum, FiiO, FIR Audio, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Grado, HarmonicDyne, HeadAmp, Hifiman, JBL, Kefine, Kiwi Ears, Klipsch, LETSHUOER, Mark Levinson,

Final Audio A5000 Vs A4000 Comparison Review - Major HiFi Final Audio A5000 Vs A4000 Comparison Review - Major HiFi

You can hear the depth of the instruments with the A5000 pinpoint positioning, reminiscent of the A8000's positioning. The Bass of this single dynamic driver IEM is fairly impressive. It extends well into the sub bass region and offers consistent decay and rumble. I was unable to detect and bleeding into the mid bass region, which was clean but offered good impact. It is not extremely elevated in this region and some bass heads may want more but overall; I would say it is enjoyable. The speed of the dynamic driver in this range is what left the biggest impression. Bass slopes downward to the mid-range without any extreme dips or steepness. Summary: Departing from the common V-shaped consumer sound, the A4K provides the listener with enough vibrancy to be engaging but is still V-shaped. Just not a much so as others, who add more “oomph” up top. But in a smoother than normal manner. Bass could reach deeper for me as could its impact. That can be accommodated by EQing the sound. Mids are good but not great. I consider that part of the smooth nature. Male vocals are good and there is good clarity of note with both male and female vocals as well as the overall signature. I would not call it spacious but engaging again adding to that smooth sound to me. Upper mids are pushed forward, which seems to be the flavor de rigor, but not as much as others. With a fast decay, the notes heard are true and aid in that vibrancy of which I speak, but again to me the overall is of a smooth nature; especially when compared to the others here. Highs: I'm kind of a trebblehead so I like bright earphones, this is one of those, if you are treble sensitive this won’t do it for you, even as a treble head the A5000 gets fatiguing after a while, and it´s not like it has great extension or a nice airy sensation, so treble it’s a little weird, edgy, not for everyone and it´s the A5000 huge weak point. As someone extremely sensible for sibilances I can only get a little of those so not a problem with sibilances in particular. Final Audio is usually given their fair due of credit with both their A and E series in-ear releases for providing exceptional stages and images at affordable prices. Unsurprisingly, the width and depth I got out of both the A5000 and the E5000 alike was very impressive. Both units have spatial capabilities that easily set them apart from other in-ear units in their price range. With the E5000, I heard a bit more width; the A5000 still provided more-than-adequate width, and competes with the E5000 by providing a moderate amount of height in its image.After getting curious about the final audio A4000 due to me reading that it had a large sound stage for an IEM, I wanted to see for my self. This being my first Final Audio IEM. The IEM carry case was a nice addition but I wish it was bit bigger and more user friendly, and more secure. I think a small carry box would been better. So it could be more secure and not open up in your portable as well allowing you to store your portable dac/amp and lighting/Type C cables along with the IEM's. IE600 – Even more bass versus the Final Audio. Very good. More elliptical sound stage but not radically different. A bit less treble energy but still a good sense of clarity and detail Bass: The bass feels very coherent and textured. I would say the bass is one of the main strengths of the A5000. It has some punch and even some slam when required to do so. I looked up the driver configuration after blind listening and was surprised. I would have assumed a 4BA or hybrid setup, but it’s just one DD. The bass texture through to the mids is the strength of this IEM. It helps acoustic music and male vocals come through clean and easy. The bass is surely a positive of this IEM overall, but for a budget single DD the IE200 is still my go to option. The IE200 can better separate bass texture and amount from the mids while also doing the other regions more justice. 6/10

Final Audio A5000 Review - Major HiFi

The A4000 arrived boxed in a lift-top style box with a graphic of the earpieces on front and specs on the reverse. Lifting the top reveals a round clamshell style silicone case and box with tips cradled in a foam support. The earpieces and cable are inside the case with each earpiece bagged to prevent scratches in transit. The Tip case houses 5 different sizes of E-series silicone tips. Foams are not provided. Under the silicone case is another small clear bag with the snap-on ear-hooks contained in it and beneath it is the documentation. The Silicone case is a unique style with one convex and one concave side and 3 latching points around the outer edge. It holds the earpieces and attached cable very tightly so carrying anything extra in the case is not possible. Also there is no dedicated connecting point for a clip or caribiner to attach the case to a bag or keys.

The TONALITY is vivid, detailed, clear and precise, not neutral because it has a small rise in the bass and high mids, rather a well-balanced W curve. One could say analytical too, but not cold or artificial. It is less well balanced than the A8000, but extremely cohesive and even hyper-realistic. Despite amplified bass, there is almost no bleed. In fact, the A4000 surprises ad infinitum, due to a stunning versatility that surely comes from this little bass boost. One of the things I always like about testing out new gear is the chance to discover new elements in favorite songs, as well as to expand my listening into some new areas. I've often heard it repeated that Japanese headphones and IEMs are tuned for Jpop, and while my personal pop music tastes lay to the other side of the East Sea, I decided to dig into some Jpop as well during my time with the A4000. Going with AKB48's Eien Pressure, Last Idol's Nanbitomo, High School 3-C Idol Club's Jibunno Kotoga Wakanarai, I can say that these do excel at the genre, but they're by no means limited to it, and are excellent all-rounders whether I was listening to Willie Nelson, Maynard Ferguson, Pink Fantasy, or Bach. At first, I really struggled with the fit on these. Sometimes I have issues with my right ear with IEMs but this one seemed harder than most. It may be the angle of the nozzle. I also have issues with 64 Audio IEMs. I’m not sure if it is the shape of the shell or the angle of the nozzle. I tried 15 different tips of various brands, styles, and sizes. The medium final audio tips with deeper insertion seemed to get the best sound and fit. A good fit is essential for these. They have little forgiveness for a bad seal. The exterior box of A4000 and A3000 is nicely minimal and inside it the user will find, besides the IEM and cable: Soekris DAC1421: Similar to the Spectre X in that it is warm, lush and detailed; pairs nicely with the Final Audio A4000.

Final E5000 review: delicate bass cannons - The Verge Final E5000 review: delicate bass cannons - The Verge

similar to https://drop.com/buy/drop-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones?utm_source=linkshare&referer=FTSS2S Let's start with my biggest gripe. The cable and ear hooks are adequate but don't wow me for the price. The cable is thin and well controlled, doesn't tangle or jumble up but it feels cheap. The ear hooks are a different story, they are just odd feeling and twist and turn all the time. Also, there is a bit of cable noise when walking and jogging. I am not impressed with the cable and ear hooks considering the price tag where there are so many other IEM that have better cables in similar price (ThieAudio Voyager 3, SeeAudio Yume, Tin Hifi T5). In terms of style and aesthetic, we again see some pretty major differences. The Blessing 3 is the flashiest iteration of the MoonDrop Blessing yet, with its cutesy, pixelated “MoonDrop Blessing 3” font sitting on its glossy, machined steel face plate. We also see the transparent medical-grade resin featured in plenty of other MoonDrop designs composing the housing, leaving the internal working of the IEM entirely visible. There are a lot of textures competing with one another in this design, but I find it to be a coherent blend. In developing A8000, Final did a lot of research on how the quality of sound is evaluated, and it came up with an entirely new evaluation method. Conventional methods do a subjective evaluation, assuming that certain things, like the quality of the recording or the sound level, are fixed; however, in practice, there are no fixed conditions. Final’s new evaluation method takes into account the various conditions under which one listens to music that differ, sometimes substantially, among each other. This started with A8000 and, as it was proven to be very successful, it was continued with A4000 and A3000; at the end, it was one of the key factors on which the designing of the two new IEMs was based.Going in to the nitty gritty Bass on the A5000 is impactful and dynamic. Certainly enough for all genres. The bulk of the bass here is from the sub-bass and lower mid bass. This allows for a cleaner mid range presentation. That artificiality is where the smooth sound of the A4K bests the OH-1, and one could rightly justify choosing either for the character presented. Bass that is strong and rich versus a smooth texture. The OH-1 is good for that smashmouth sound, while the A4K would be the brandy after dinner on a snowy night. Neither is wrong. Following the design principle of the flagship A8000, the new A5000 adds a new entry-level earphone to the A-series. With transparent sound and overwhelmingly natural response the A5000 provides localised and spatial sound that emerges with a deeply extended sound image. Female vocals are a treat with nice overtones. It is crisp and natural. I was listening to Michael Buble’s rendition of Home while writing this review and I must say that his voice is framed beautifully by the A5000. The slight emphasis on upper mids gives good shape to vocals.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment