276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frankie: The Autobiography of Frankie Dettori

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jamie Vardy PUNCHES HIMSELF in the face in frustration after missing a sitter in Leicester's game with Watford... before the striker redeems himself Despite his slight size, Frankie’s impact upon the British racing scene was immediate and significant. Brimming with confidence, charisma and personality, and with what was clearly a precocious talent, in 1990 he became the first teenager since Lester Piggot to win over 100 races in a single season. By 1996, Frankie was already established as a celebrity in the sport and an adopted national treasure, but it was his extraordinary achievement of winning all seven races in a single day at Ascot that cemented his reputation as the greatest rider of his generation. Alejandro Garnacho makes young Man United fan cry after gifting him the boots he wore for that stunning...

Champing at the bit ... embracing Enable after winning the Darley Yorkshire Oaks in 2019. Photograph: Simon Cooper/PA Man United 'legends' reunite for a game in Dubai with some looking unrecognisable (and some you might not recognise anyway!) Wayne Rooney's son ALREADY has Puma contract, and Cristiano Ronaldo Jnr is a mini-me... TEN ex-Premier League stars with sons to watch out for He tells this anecdote in Leap of Faith. I tell him I liked the book. “Did you?” He looks pleased. “I haven’t read it. Is it good?” The book is ghosted by Boris Starling. “It’s not boring, is it?” he asks, anxiously. For Dettori, nothing is worse than boring. I tell him about what Catherine said about his gravestone. He laughs. “She says I’ve got the concentration span of a flea. ‘I’m not waiting!’” He giggles. “That’s it. OK, What else d’you want to know?”

REVEALED: Pep Guardiola crowned football's most influential manager above Jurgen Klopp ahead of Man City's match against Liverpool Dettori has written a memoir, Leap of Faith, a reference to his flying dismount. I ask Catherine if she has read it. She gives me a look. “Erm, no. Is it good?” Why would she read it, she asks. “I know the story. Anything I don’t know, he’s telling lies or has forgotten.” So, Frankie in a nutshell, she says – easily bored, impatient, crotchety. It’s obvious that she adores him. “On his gravestone, they’re going to put: ‘I’m not waiting.’ This all started when we went skiing. We’d get to the top of the slopes and the kids were snowboarding and he’d say: ‘I’m not waiting.’ He gets so bored.”

REVEALED: Manchester United's chances of making the Champions League last-16 as Erik ten Hag's side prepare for daunting Galatasaray trip... and do they have more hope than Newcastle? Harry Kane explains why he left Tottenham as he targets trophies with Bayern Munich AND England... while Joe Cole says he's the best striker in the world That is a load of b******s': Boxing legend Tony Bellew reacts furiously after his team lost a challenge on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!Dani Alves will stand trial for sexual assault in Spain as former Barcelona defender faces allegations of raping a woman, 23, in a nightclub last year The other one who could be considered is Onesto who, like Emily Upjohn, is expected to run in the Arc next but might be better suited to a soft-ground Champion Stakes. Dettori didn't enjoy his finest hour on the French horse at Leopardstown recently but may get the chance to atone. But at the same time, the simple fact that all of Dettori’s opening-day rides are odds-against is a reminder that while Cheltenham in March has overtaken Royal Ascot as the biggest meeting of the year from a betting perspective, these five days in June still offer the best and most competitive British Flat racing of the season. Inspiral ran away with the Coronation Stakes 12 months ago but is not even sure to start favourite for the Queen Anne, while Chaldean, Dettori’s fourth and final 2,000 Guineas winner at Newmarket in May, is only narrowly preferred to Paddington, who took the Irish equivalent, in the betting for the St James’s Palace Stakes. Former Premier League hotshot trains with Robbie Savage's seventh-tier non-league team - and they could sign him up as a free agent at the age of 38

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment