276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sneetches and Other Stories: Yellow Back Book (Dr Seuss - Yellow Back Book) (Dr. Seuss Yellow Back Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s not rare that Dr. Seuss came up with this charming tale in 1961, at the beginning of the decade where the civil rights were in a mass turmoil. Moving the Goalposts: The plain-bellied Sneetches use McMonkey McBean's machine to gain stars akin to what are considered the top social class. The original star-bellies have no interest in being equals however, and use the machine to remove theirs, deeming plain bellies the top of the chain now. The situation reduces to both sides rapidly going in and out of the machine to break or maintain the hierarchy respectively, until eventually even the original star-bellies realise their elitism just isn't worth the hassle. i106359745 |b1100040485051 |dmvdie |g- |m |h6 |x2 |t0 |i1 |j18 |k161029 |n04-04-2023 20:07 |o- |aE SEU

Sadly, the message of the uniting nature of our common humanity is lost amongst the insane babble of the media matrix. i42189159 |b1100006105197 |dmvaps |g- |m |h22 |x0 |t0 |i0 |j18 |k040310 |n04-12-2019 17:56 |o- |aSC SEU Too Many Daves is about a mother who named all of her twenty-three sons Dave. I have to admit that I wasn't entirely certain of the meaning behind this one, but I think it was about how we are all the same and yet each one of us is also unique. Bittersweet Ending: In the end, McBean successfully cons the Sneetches out of all their money with his Star Machine gambit, leaving them penniless, but the experience teaches them how stupid and pointless racial discrimination is, and they learn to live as equals from that point on. Karma Houdini: Sylvester McMonkey McBean gets no comeuppance for fleecing the Sneetches of their money. Granted, his business technically wasn't a scam, just exploitative.i15886815 |b1240001568607 |dsstef |g- |m |h50 |x1 |t0 |i3 |j32 |k010630 |n10-26-2022 16:03 |o- |aE SEU

This remains an enduring classic precisely because people are vulnerable to being divided by those who desire to exploit them. La historia de los Sneetches Panza-Estrella y de sus amigos los Panza-Lisa es el faro que sirve de guía a los niños que viven en este mundo multicultural de hoy. Este clásico incluye otras entretenidas historias sobre el arte de saber negociar y ceder, sobre el hecho de que a veces es mejor mantener la individualidad que tratar de ser iguales, y cómo la empatía puede transformar a un extraño en un amigo. Hard Truth Aesop: The Sneetches teaches us that sometimes it takes a really unfortunate circumstance in life (like being cheated out of all your money) to learn the error of your ways.

Events

It is composed of four separate stories with themes of tolerance, diversity, and compromise: "The Sneetches", "The Zax", "Too Many Daves", and "What Was I Scared Of?". The story of the Star-Bellied Sneetches and their star-less friends is a perfect guide for kids growing up in today’s multicultural world. This classic is joined by three equally entertaining tales about the art of compromise, why standing out is better than blending in, and how empathy can transform a stranger into a friend.

i86572155 |b31202000699964 |dbveb |g- |m |h13 |x0 |t1 |i3 |j32 |k141203 |n02-23-2023 16:43 |o- |aE SeuNow, the Star-Belly Sneetches / Had bellies with stars. / The Plain-Belly Sneetches / Had none upon thars." This collection of four of Dr. Seuss's most winning stories begins with that unforgettable tale of the unfortunate Sneetches, bamboozled by one Sylvester McMonkey McBean ("the Fix-it-up Chappie"), who teaches them that pointless prejudice can be costly. i42295518 |b1010001845209 |dasju |g- |m |h19 |x0 |t0 |i3 |j18 |k040326 |n05-18-2015 14:32 |o- |aEasy S496 Sn c.2 I Am Great!" Song: Most of the songs in the Animated Adaptation of The Sneetches are the Star Bellied Sneetches flaunting how sacred and important it is to have a star on their bellies ( and later how it isn't). I Lied: In a case of lying to yourself. "I'm not afraid of pale green pants with nobody inside them! I said, and said, and said those words. I said them, but I lied them."

i6450895x |b1100040220839 |dmvcle |g- |m |h77 |x3 |t0 |i3 |j18 |k110328 |n02-07-2023 16:21 |ot |aE SEU |u1100040220839mvcle099E SEU18411t1q16.14 The Sneetches" are divided. Some have green stars for belly buttons while others do not. Naturally, the Star-Belly Sneetches are far superior to the Plain-Belly Sneetches…until…one day…an enterprising Sneetch comes along and offers to help the Plain-Belly Sneetches by giving them stars on their bellies. Well, this just won't do. How are the Star-Belly Sneetches supposed to tell who is who? Las ediciones rimadas y en español de los clásicos de Dr. Seuss publicadas por Random House brindan la maravillosa oportunidad de disfrutar de sus historias a más de treinta y ocho millones de personas hispanohablantes en Estados Unidos. Los lectores podrán divertirse con las ediciones en español de The Cat in the Hat (El Gato Ensombrerado); Green Eggs and Ham (Huevos verdes con jamón); One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (Un pez, dos peces, pez rojo, pez azul); The Lorax (El Lórax); Oh, the Places You’ll Go! (¡Oh, cuán lejos llegarás!); How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (¡Cómo el Grinch robó la Navidad!), y Horton Hears a Who! (¡Horton escucha a Quién!). Ideal tanto para leer en casa como en la escuela, estos libros han sido meticulosamente traducidos, respetando la rima, por autores y traductores latinoamericanos, y supervisados por Teresa Mlawer, reconocida y galardonada traductora durante más de cincuenta años. The Zax" ends with the strong implication that the two Zax will forever be trapped in their standstill, a bustling highway built around them, all because they were too stubborn to budge. This tells the story of a pair of pants that hang freely without being worn. This causes the unnamed narrator to be terrified of the pants. However, when he hears the pants cry one day, he realizes that the pants were also scared. The two end up becoming friends. Update this section!

i110864645 |b1230002955494 |dtlwjp |g- |m231217 |h31 |x5 |t4 |i9 |j68 |k170828 |n06-09-2023 15:43 |op |aJP AUTHOR SEUSS |uJP AUTHOR SEUSS871230002955494tlwjp16.99p68099 The story of the Star-bellied Sneetches and their star-less friends is a perfect guide for kids growing up in today’s multicultural world. This classic is joined by three equally entertaining tales about the art of compromise; why standing out is better than blending in; and how empathy can transform a stranger into a friend. En estas cuatro poderosas historias, Dr. Seuss desafía la idea de que tenemos que ser iguales o seguir una norma para encontrar puntos en común. Fiel a su rúbrica de rima y divertido humor, esta colección de historias es esencial para cualquier lector, joven o adulto. This continues until the Sneetches are penniless and McBean departs as a rich man, amused by their folly. Despite his assertion that "you can't teach a Sneetch", the Sneetches learn from this experience that neither Plain-Bellied nor Star-Bellied Sneetches are superior, and they are able to get along and become friends. "The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism. [6] The Zax [ edit ] The Sneetches tell us the tale of two different cultures/races. The Plain-Belly Sneetches and the Star-Belly Sneetches. Those two do not mix together, they keep apart (and the Star-Belly Sneetches have so much fun). Until one day comes Sylvester McMonkey McBean, the Fix-it-up Chappie, and helps to fix the current state (and he gives the star to the starless Sneeches). But everything gets more complicated, because mixing cultures can be a messy thing when it happens. It says above, pointless prejudice can be costly, and since when did that prevent from people to do so? A great story to explore this topic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment