276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Granny Square Book: Timeless Techniques and Fresh Ideas for Crocheting Square by Square

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wrap the yarn over the hook and pick up a loop in the next stitch, so there are now four loops on the hook. I kept looking for an author but this book is an amalgamation of granny square patterns from a variety of different designers. This is especially important for garments and items that need to be a specific size, less important for items like handbags and scarves. The instructions are straightforward, there's an inspiring mix of small and large projects to try and I can't wait to get going on Christmas present making this autumn. The book is a lovely mixture of different patterns and I'd recommend it to anyone who has just started crocheting and wants to learn more.

I was contacted by the team at ‘ Love Crafts‘ before Christmas and asked if I’d like to do a product review. This book makes a good reference book and is one I reach for as soon as someone asks me to make up a blanket for them. and all new projects, this new edition offers crocheters at all skill levels even more to love about granny squares.With 20 granny squares of flower patterns, hexagons, circles and triangles you can make eight different crochet projects. Garments, home decor, and accessories patterns designed using classic or non-traditional crochet granny squares. To make a slip stitch, insert the hook into the specified stitch, wrap the yarn over the hook, and then draw the yarn through both the stitch and the loop already on the hook.

If you are looking for a great book to learn how to make granny squares or even expand your skills to more complex squares, then this is the list for you!This crochet book includes ten crochet hexagon designs, including some based on the traditional granny square. For every project the specific brands and colors are listed in case you want to make your project exactly like mine. I understand your frustration… my tip is to read patterns very slowly and just do each step exactly as it says. The spiral binding isn't always my favourite because extra care is needed to avoid damaging the pages when flipping from page to page BUT it does sit perfectly flat which makes it easier to work from.

Each square has a rating which lets you judge the difficulty and decide whether you want to go ahead and give it a try. This section also includes an overview of crochet pattern reading, multiple techniques for starting a motif (adjustable loop, slip knot, and chain ring), joining and seaming working with multiple colors, and edgings. Patterns using Granny Squares: You may find some granny square patterns for curtains, blankets, and bags in these crochet books as well.

There are cushions and seat covers to brighten up your living room, plus place mats, drinks coasters and a runner for your table.

A third method, sometimes referred to as magic ring or sliding loop also allows you to pull the ring tightly closed. And of course each different crochet book will have its own style of pattern writing which can take a little getting used to if you’re used to other styles. Full disclosure: A free review copy of The Granny Square Book was provided to me by The Quarto Group. They both did say that it was harder than they thought it would be… so there are obviously a mix of easy designs and more challenging ones in the book.I used the book during a 1-1 crochet lesson with lovely Lindsay who I’ve been enjoying teaching… this was a real test for the pattern! All-New Twenty to Make: Granny Squares to Crochet by Val Pierce is a super little handbook with 20 quick and easy granny square designs. Crochet patterns are often groups of stitches that are repeated a certain number of times in a row or round.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment