276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Water Bugs and Dragonflies Explaining Death to Children (Looking Up)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm surprised it was on many recommended reading lists for books that help children deal with death. With a much loved family member slowly slipping away from us, I needed help explaining death to my kids, ages 10, 7, and 4. The older kids might relate better to Tear Soup, even though the two books have different perspectives on death and grieving. I kind of like that idea but not sure if kids would get it and wonder if they might start looking elsewhere for their "missing" loved one.

Celebrating the wisdom of Stickney's perspective and the story's ongoing impact, the 50th anniversary edition of Water Bugs and Dragonflies includes the original magazine article from 1970 as well as a second article she wrote about her own cancer diagnosis, which It's as simple as I can withdraw inside myself, pull down the shades and wait. Since he can't get to his friends, he realises they will just have to find out in their own time about the wonderful world above the water. They did notice that every once in a while one of their colony seemed to lose interest in going about. Part of the service was to bring forward their dragonfly with the names of loved ones written on them.Even as he struggled, he felt an impulse to move his wings…The warmth of the sun soon dried the moisture from the new body.

The waterbugs are happy together, living in the pond, but when they are ready, they leave the pond and transform into dragonflies. It is a small book that I have given to several friends to help them when talking to a youngster about death.Looking for a meaningful way to explain to neighbourhood children the death of a five year old friend, Doris Stickney adapted the graceful fable about the waterbug that changed into a dragonfly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment