276°
Posted 20 hours ago

365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Precepts: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nevertheless, I must mention that other than the ‘kindness’ theme of the book, it has nothing to add to the Wonder series, or any of its characters. I loved Wonder #1, #1.6 (Pluto), #1.7 (Shingaling) and specially #1.5 (Julian). It's a lovely book, but you could erase any reference to Wonder, rename it 365 inspirational quotes, and nobody would probably notice. This collection features multiple quotes that really resonated with me, while others I had to read multiple times to get the message across. He marcado varias frases, de estas que no has oído nunca y no sabes por qué ya que tienen muchísima razón. Lo que me ha convencido definitivamente de este libro ha sido la maestría de R.J. Palacio para situarse en un futuro inmediato de la novela original, planteándonos el cierre de tramas que habían quedado semi-abiertas de una manera diferente. Rich and memorable…It’s Auggie and the rest of the children who are the real heart of ‘Wonder,’ and Palacio captures the voices of girls and boys, fifth graders and teenagers, with equal skill.”

I'm embarrassed to admit that, unlike my dear friend and teaching partner Debby, I didn't immediately recognize the transformative power of Wonder. I had to read it aloud to kids, and hear their reactions, before I began to get it. But really, it wasn't until my second year of reading it aloud (3rd reading) that I had my own 'aha' moment. With each rereading, Wonder filters deeper down into my soul. I agree, sometimes it's good to start over. A fresh start gives us the chance to reflect on the past, weigh the things we've done, and apply what we've learned from those things to the way we move forward. If we don't examine the past, we don't learn from it." It’s in the bigger themes that Palacio’s writing shines. This book is a glorious exploration of the nature of friendship, tenacity, fear, and most importantly, kindness.” You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can be grateful because thorn bushes have roses." Btw this one is my favorite saying, and I'm sure you will be able to find one too for there are way too many lovely ones:citas inspiracionales para cada día del año. Otro libro acompañante para la saga Wonder. Estuvieron bien creo. Algunas de ellas eran muy buenas, otras no tanto. Creo que incluso algunas de ellas estaban repetidas, o al menos eran tan parecidas que se sintió así. Usualmente trato de leer al menos un capítulo al día. Fue lindo tener una cita por día también. It is the deceptive simplicity andhonesty of the work that make Wonderso memorable. Every single character seems real and well drawn and oh-so human…This book is beautiful.” - Christopher Paul Curtis, Newbery award-winning author of Bud, Not Buddy Palacio makes it feel not only effortless but downright graceful, and by the stand-up-and-cheer conclusion, readers will be doing just that, and feeling as if they are part of this troubled but ultimately warm-hearted community.” NOTA PERSONAL: Debo admitir que no prácticamente no recuerdo ninguna cita de este libro. Aunque bien, prácticamente no recuerdo ninguna cita de NINGUN libro. No soy del tipo que recita citas. Volveré.

El señor Browne es el mejor profesor de los que aparecen en La lección de August. Le cogí cariño desde el principio, y cuando vi el concepto de este libro supe que tenía que leerlo. Para quien no lo sepa: el señor Browne lanza un precepto cada mes en sus clases, y les alumnes también tienen que pensar uno cada mes. Esto es como una recopilación (falsa, por supuesto) de todos esos preceptos. But what I appreciate the most in this book is the intervals between precepts (sectioned into 12 parts for 12 months of a year), where we can see the inner thoughts, heart and soul of Thomas Browne – the teacher of Auggie and other students in “Wonder”. What he shared about his inspiration for collecting precepts, and encouraging his students to do the same; for choosing his own teaching method; for emphasizing the necessity of kindness and love and respect in our life, and how that kindness can be taught to young children, really sheds a light on how all teachers and parents and legal guardians should be in terms of the ones who provide education and guidance to the young generation. Don't choose the one who is beautiful to the world. But rather, choose the one who makes your world beautiful."

Success!

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." In this book, a teacher named Thomas Browne had come up with the idea of collecting percepts and gradually preferred to receive them from his own students during the summer. Surprisingly, every single kid handed in their favorite quote, one way or another, and each of them had a special meaning which turned out to be a creative as well as helpful way of moral study as these things are not commonly taught in school. A beautiful story of kindness and courage.There are many real and well-developed characters, and they each have their shining moments. Of course, Auggie shines the brightest.” - Clare Vanderpool, Newbery award-winning author of Moon Over Manifest A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love." Sin embargo, debo decir que más allá de la ‘amabilidad’ temática del libro, no tiene nada que añadir a la saga Wonder, o a ninguno de sus personajes. Amé Wonder #1, #1.6 (Pluto), #1.7 (Shingaling) y especialmente #1.5 (Julian). Es un libro adorable, pero podrías borrar cualquier referencia a Wonder, renombrarlo 365 citas inspiracionales y probablemente nadie lo notaría.

This book is a collection of precepts that Mr. Browne has gathered over the years along with some essays in which he touches upon the themes presented within. For instance: kindness, strength of character, overcoming adversity, or simply doing good in the world. I love quotes with a fiery passions, which is why I somehow always end up looking at the quotes on my Goodreads. I’m a quote collector.And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." This is a nice companion piece to Wonder by R. J. Palacio. This book is organized chronologically, so you can read a positive quote every day. There are 12 introductory sections, one for each month, containing the thoughts of Mr. Browne, Auggie's teacher. The quotes come from a variety of sources - writers, philosophers, politicians and entertainers from across the world. There is a short, thoughtful, well-written profiles for the creator of each quote, which I think is a lovely addition. Some quotes were created by children, who sent them to Palacio with their own art work. The children's quotes are often the most touching. Overall, this collection was exactly what I was looking for: beautiful and inspiring quotes to start your day on the right tone. inspirational quotes for each day of the year. Another companion book for the Wonder series. They were ok I guess. Some of them were really good, some were not. I think even some of them were repeated, or at least so similar it just felt like it. I usually try to read at least one chapter a day. It was nice having one quote per day too.

Además, las partes en las que el profesor hablaba sobre experiencias o sentimientos (entre cada más hay fragmentos más largo novelizados), me convencieron totalmente. Es un libro que se tarda más en leer de lo que parece, porque pide que sea hagan pausas para comprender mejor los significados de algunas cosas. Wonderis a shining jewel of a storythatcannot help but encouragereadersof all ages to do better, to be better,in how they treat others in life.I’m totally in love with this novel.” - Trudy Ludwig, anti-bullying advocate and author of My Secret Bully, Confessions of a Former Bully, Better Than You, and Just Kidding This is such an inspiring, uplifting and though-provoking collection of beautiful precepts and quotes that puts a smile on my face. You can easily identify with these sayings, ranging from quotes from the ancient times to quotes made and submitted by children. Most of them focus on kindness and its meaning in our life, especially in a time when there is so much division and hatred among human beings across many aspects and communication platforms. The others are about love, courage, finding the silver lining in the darkest situation, hopes and dreams, being yourself and putting all of your efforts into achieving what you set out to do. So very magnificent and much needed. Full of heart, full of truth, Wonderis a book about seeing the beauty that’s all around us. I dare you not to fall in love with Auggie Pullman.“ Let us be grateful to people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

Select a format:

Palacio has an uncanny grasp of the minds and hearts of 8- to 12-year-olds, and the people who used to be them - New York Times Just goes to show, everyone really does have a story to tell. And most people, at least in my experience, are a little more noble than they think they are."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment