276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Girl, Goddess, Queen: A Hades and Persephone fantasy romance from a growing TikTok superstar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition, Demeter was much older than Hades (as they were regurgitated at different times), which meant that he didn’t really know Demeter (nor was related to her) and was thus, much closer in age to Persephone. It’s hard to keep track when you’re immortal, and all the other gods had, until recently, been locked in a war against the lord of time who shifted it about as he pleased. And you’re wonderful, so accomplished, normally so obedient and gentle, so easy to love,’ she says pointedly. This will forever and always be my favourite book about Hades and Persephone (because I’m a little sick of the smutty or all serious no-fun ones on the market at the moment), so if you want a bomb ass fun book about fake dating and trying to take down a parthenon then please pick this one up. This was one of my most anticipated reads for this year, I have been looking forward to reading Girl, Goddess, Queen from the moment it was announced.

Jenny Walser narrates women brilliantly but at times loses depth in the male voices, however this never distracts from the story itself. Hades and Persephone exasperated me so much with how absolutely dense they both are, I kept thinking just kiss already! Plus, Hades was a perfect golden retriever partner who helped push her forward without holding her back. I’d rather perish, rather be another tragic tale for a mother to use in warning than become a long drawn out sigh in a hymn, an immortal life spent in misery.

She does end up of inconveniencing Hades a little in the process, but the enemies to lovers dynamics that we see in their first encounter was utterly delicious. Overall, if you like retellings of this myth and you want something sweet and low stress, you'll probably really enjoy this.

Bring[s] to life timeless gods, the complex intimacy of family bonds, a fierce protagonist, and a passionate slow-burn romance. She has worked in publishing for a number of years and has a degree in English Literature from the University of Reading, where she also studied several classes in Ancient History. You don't have to use every part of a myth but there was a reason for it to be presented that way in the first place; find out why before you say 'yuck' and yeet it into the sun. I liked that the author had shown that it doesn't make you less of a man or less of a woman for liking something that didn't approve to the society's standards. But younger or older, this book feels stark and even though I am in the minority for that I cant get past it personally.I think that's why it took me a while to actually put my thoughts into writing, as I had mixed feelings for this book. She graduated with a first-class degree from the University of Reading, wherein she snuck as many ancient history modules (like a Trojan horse) into an English Literature BA as she possibly could. I love how Hades was portrayed in here (soft Hades made me swoon) and Persephone was potrayed to be a stronger but is still feminine. I also loved river goddess Styx (one of the supporting characters) the best and sassiest wing woman a Goddess (or God) could ask for! Girl, Goddess, Queen is a fantasy rom-com retelling that weaves the classic story with snarky banter, slow burn romance and a feminist slant that sees the legendary goddess discovering her agency, desires and inherent power.

The King of the Underworld is nothing like Persephone expected, and everything that she’d hoped he’d be too.And the achingly romantic, slow burn tension that develops between Hades and Persephone (taking them from enemies- to friends and beyond) was beautifully written and really gave us a chance to explore the nuances of the trust, respect and love that gradually grows between them. We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stories, traditions and living cultures; and we pay our respects to Elders past and present. It's equal parts rom-com and fantasy while effortlessly weaving in Greek mythology elements and characters. So many versions of this story, written by men, never consider that a woman may have her own thoughts and feelings.

Before Xenia men could do whatever they liked if you were foolish enough to be unprepared for their advances. Rivers of Hell, I might not like Hera but at least she gained power somehow, made marriage mean something to bind even her own husband. Fun fact but there is nothing in the earliest records to suggest that Persephone - who had another name which was secret because she was so feared and respected as goddess of death and destruction - was ever Demeter's daughter.

Now, in a matter of days, I’ll be married to one of them – and I can’t even remember them well enough to imagine who might be waiting for me at the end of the aisle. Thousands of years ago, the gods told a lie: how Persephone was a pawn in the politics of other gods. Enter Hades who comes across quite intriguing at first - a brooding god of the Underworld who wants this flower-growing girl gone and resents her presence. She barges in to Hell, forces Hades to give her food and shelter and is surprised that Hades is not so fond of this, and somehow he is the d*ck for not being excited about helping her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment