276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hasbro Gaming Hearing Things Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The microphone sounds great, anyways, and that's what really counts here. I'm really impressed with just how clear the HS55's microphone is: the subtle tones and nuance of my voice's luscious timbre (in my opinion) come through accurately in testing, which you can listen to below. There's a surprising level of clarity in this mic, even in the lower ranges, and it's a really great solution for a budget headset. That's more like convenient excuse for them being just lazy/going for Microsoft's crap PC game audio ideology.

Compatibility: PS5, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile | Interface: 2.4GHz wireless, Bluetooth 5.3 | Drivers: 10mm | Surround sound modes: THX | Battery life: 6.5 hours, 30 hours (in case) | Weight: 6g (per earbud) Connectivity: The best wireless gaming headsets offer a 2.4GHz dongle that’ll slot into your PC or gaming console, delivering a latency-free connection to ensure you never miss audio cues in a game. Beyond the dongle, you’ll also often get Bluetooth to listen on other devices, and many offer a wired lag-free connection, too. As for wireless headphones, you’re usually just limited to Bluetooth, and there’s always a bit of latency that comes with it, which could make or break you in a gaming setting. However, some higher-end headphones do offer a wired connection to devices, making lag less of an issue, but you’ll be tethered to the device.Creative sure started demanding license fees from other sound card makers for later than EAX 2, but don't believe they demanded license from game developers. Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone:X (2.0) are two specially branded types of surround sound you'll also likely encounter. They both essentially do the same thing of adding positional audio for effects for objects like say a plane flying over or a bomb falling from the sky above you.

Audeze is best known for high-end headphones that use planar magnetic drivers, a different audio technology from the cone and dome drivers used by most headphones and headsets. Planar magnetic drivers deliver delicious sound, but they're also generally more expensive than conventional drivers, which is why you rarely see them outside of some audiophiles' collections. The Audeze Penrose is one of the few gaming headsets that uses those drivers, and it sounds fantastic. With such a dedication to monitor mode, there's no buttons for anything else on the headset. It makes sense, especially for a headset that wants to make sure you sound good. All other audio is meant to be controlled through your PC. Remembering to reach for your PC volume controls as opposed to the headset itself takes a little bit of getting used to, but I think the trade off in simplicity is worth it. The line between gaming headsets and headphones has blurred significantly in recent years. There are still distinct differences between the peripherals that make one better for gaming and the other ideal for listening to audio. We discuss those below.

Colors

The very same qualities that make the Beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X perfect for long hours of critical listening, mixing, and mastering of audio are perfect when gaming. And you get everything needed in a set of headphones for gaming. Let’s start with the build and comfort. These are extremely well-built headphones with a level of comfort that is hard to beat.

Compatibility: PS4, PS5, PC | Connectivity: Wireless dongle | Drivers: 50mm | Battery life: 16 hours | Weight: 256g They are software solutions. Added to other current solutions like Wave NX or Razer's software surround.

Don’t like the look and feel of a traditional gaming headset? Razer has you covered with the Razer Hammerhead Pro HyperSpeed Earbuds, a slightly suped-up version of the Razer Hammerhead Hyperspeed. These wireless earbuds are compact, lightweight, and secure in-ear but still deliver impactful sound and even active noise cancellation to keep you focused on the action. You also get directional audio, customizable EQ settings, and remappable touch controls—all features of higher-end headsets. In 2017, Microsoft introduced a new feature to Windows called Spatial Sound, which allows different programs to directly interface with the audio stream in Windows and add virtual surround sound for headphones. Some programs and games are designed specifically to work with Spatial Sound. As to why they only use 16bit 48kHz for 7.1 surround sound, etc? I have no idea why that is. From my understanding consoles use 24bit. If someone does know why I too would like to know. You need a good headset (or gaming headphones, if you prefer) for online gaming. Without one, you won't have a reliable way to trash-talk the competition or coordinate strategies with your team or guild. Surprisingly, gaming headsets are good tools for your home office, too. If you're in the know, you already know that Sennheiser has spun off its gaming products to its own brand, EPOS. So while the name is new, the expertise in crafting truly superb gaming headsets is absolutely not new. This gaming headset is absolutely strapped, coming with the same drivers as the award-winning PC37X, but tuned to be easier to drive without a seperate amplifier or DAC, with a reduced impedence of 28 ohms.

Though all things considered, I struggle to imagine a customer who wouldn't be happy with these as a wireless gaming headset. They're pricey, but within reason for their specs, and they certainly deliver on everything you could want for gaming, and listening to music, on your PC. Compatibility: PC/Mac, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Mobile, Xbox (wired) | Connectivity: 2.4GHz wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, wired | Drivers: 40mm Neodymium | Frequency response: 20Hz - 22,000Hz | Surround sound modes: 360° Spatial Audio, Tempest 3D Audio, Microsoft Spatial Sound | Battery Life: 38 hours | Weight: 324g Now while surround sound on a headset is cool, it's not exactly the same as having a real multi-speaker system, like some of the best soundbars offer. In fact, the majority of gaming headsets employ virtual surround sound—which is to say they're faking it with mathematical algorithms. This is a 3.5mm wired headset, however, so just bear in mind that both the microphone and audio quality could be adversely affected by your motherboard's DAC/amp or whatever sound card/external device you plug it into. It shouldn't make a huge difference nowadays, even the cheapest motherboards have relatively decent audio, but worth sparing a thought for your holistic audio setup.

Listening to music is a lovely experience in the ATH-M50xSTS, which I kind of expect for an Audio Technica headset. These are essentially a rebuild of the ATH-M50x so they're brimming with that good sound DNA. The audio quality is really hard to fault especially in this price range. It's well balanced with little details shining through in songs. A little bass heavy in the way that all headsets tend to be, but it's fairly mild and the bright treble and warm tones are lovely to be immersed in. Compatibility: Xbox Series X/S, PS5/PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac | Connectivity: wired | Drivers: 50mm Neodymium | Surround sound modes: Dolby Audio 7.1 | Weight: 282g Not to complicate things, but I've also noticed that in the Windows Store there is now a DTS Sound Unbound app for Windows 10 that seems to do something similar to Dolby Atmos for Headphones (with the same game list). If problem was flaws in DirectSound, like Microsoft's stinky excuse claims, then why didn't Microsoft dictate new better HW sound processing API for Windows?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment