276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mack The Life

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jokes liberally dot the narrative, and you’re never more than a couple of paragraphs from the next smart-arse comment. Unfortunately, the only responses he got from that advert were lots of men looking to pay him for sexual favors.

Mack said in an interview with The Guardian [34] that his first foray into comedy was doing Bobby Ball impressions at his school when he was 15. I thought the description of the sheer amount of time and effort required to create something original was refreshingly honest.And it gives him the chance to tell some little anecdotes and truths about himself that wouldn’t really fit the narrative in the actual chapters of the book.

It was interesting to read about his work with comedy actress Catherine Tate and her role in Lee’s career path. So it's testament to how enjoyable Lee Mack's Mack The Life is that I've not only read from cover to cover- but also that I'd happily do so again and again. I genuinely didn’t realise that the show’s title might be a reference to a relationship status and not just a description of a boring Friday night, so I also learned something from this book. Lee takes that to heart in explaining where he comes from, and how we arrived at where he is now, a comedian famous enough for clips of his shows to be uploaded onto an international video platform where I, a person on the other side of the Atlantic from his home country, can see them, enjoy them, look for more, and eventually, want to know even more about him from himself, leading to the reading of Mack the Life, his autobiography, which I have just explained is great. which I love, and in Not Going Out, which is his sitcom, but I didn’t really know what to expect going into this book.From picking which type of Buddhism to follow to contemplating what a woodland creature would say to you if you asked it the time, Lee and Neil explore the principles and practices of Buddhism in a way that spiritual practice has never been explored before…possibly for very good reason.

His pseudo psychiatric ramblings at the end of each chapter become tedious, annoying and honestly boring in an unfunny sense. The voice used is most definitely Lee Mack's with its characteristic sarcasm and the need to say something that can then be better explained wittily. However, despite my initial reaction, the 415 pages flew by, and when I got to the end, I wished there were more pages because I was sad it was over. However, the show was suspended shortly after its debut in October 2020, after allegations emerged that one of the series' contestants, promoted through the channel's social media pages, bore facial tattoos resembling Nazi symbolism.The author did not mince his words when he described the gruelling writing process - that it is really hard work. And why he thinks the remake was doomed to fail from the start, which is something that plagues a lot of American remakes. He is known for his quick wit, writing and starring in the sitcom Not Going Out, being a team captain on the BBC One comedy panel show Would I Lie to You? It is nice to read about successful people in such a real situation and I found the book both hilarious and inspiring.

I'm not really a fan of autobiographies but this is written in his inimitable style and had me chuckling throughout. He goes on to talk about casting and how he preferred working with comedians who could act rather than actors who could deliver a joke. I had a lot of other things that I needed to read and readathons that I was taking part in, and I find non-fiction a little slower to read on the whole so I took a lot of breaks whilst reading this.But it was at the camp in Hemsby, Great Yarmouth, where he got to perform a stand-up routine for the first time… and a star was born. I enjoyed every part of it and interspersing the autobiography with talks to a psychiatrist was an amazing idea, really insightful. Big screen adaptation of the best-selling family franchise is set for UK and Irish cinemas on 26th July 2019". Again, I have very limited knowledge of the career and exploits of Lee Mack and I still thoroughly enjoyed the book. We see in detail the thought process that went into creating the characters, situation, and plot of the Not Going Out pilot, as though we are experiencing his brainstorm in real time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment