Page 1 of 1

Magento 1.6.2 on latest Xampp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am
by FFDit
We have a machine running Windows 7 and Xampp which we have called our "Dev server" (which isn't really a server but hey...).

Our production site is and has been hosted online for a couple of years now running Magento 1.6.2 and is doing well. My question is regarding setting the site up on the "dev server".

We have had it working before with a local copy of our site but since rebuilding the machine have had problems getting it back up and running. A problem since I have some code I really need to test before putting it live.

Anyway I've installed Xampp (the latest version).
Changed max execution time
enabled curl.dll
added localhost to the hosts file
Set up the sql db through myPhpAdmin
extracted a clean magento1.6.2 folder and gone to install

The install goes Ok until I enter my db details and get the "PHP extensions "0" must be loaded" error.
Online searches mention changing core code (which I'm hesitant to do) and I've tried changing the core config.xml <pdo_mysql/> line which just results in a redirect loop.

Does anyone have any advice on this?


Re: Magento 1.6.2 on latest Xampp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 am
by FFDit
Rookie mistake update:

I realised I had a typo when I was changing the app/code/core/mage/etc/config.xml

I was changing it to:
Code: Select all

rather than:
Code: Select all

Notice the position of the slash in the closing tag.

This lead to a innoDB error to which I took the plunge and changed the installer/db/mySql4.php

A function was checking for an outdated innoDB php variable - I got the answer from a google search.

Currently the page is "loading", hopefully not another loop but I know it can take a good few minutes to process...

Re: Magento 1.6.2 on latest Xampp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 pm
by FFDit
I'm having a nightmare with this. I've spent days trying to figure it out.

I've got the site up and running for the most part but there are some silly redirects preventing me from logging in to the admin of the local site.

I go to: localhost.ffd/magento - home page of the site, all good

I go to localhost.ffd/magento - admin login page, all good until I enter the username and password and get redirected to Object not found!

Very fustrating. :x

I have;
modified the .htaccess in /magento (mostly with the "rewritebase /magento" and "rewriterule .* /index.php [L]")
tried with a virtualhost in the apache/extra (seemed to make things worse)
refreshed cache/reindexed/cleared browser cache numerous times

I'm at the point where I really have no idea where the issue is. :cry: