276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ARCTIC MX-6 (4 g, incl. 6 MX Cleaner) - Ultimate Performance Thermal Paste for CPU, consoles, graphics cards, laptops, very high thermal conductivity, long durability, non-conductive, non-capacitive

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

regarding the thermal aste application, I used the 'rice grain size' in the middle for so long. It never spreads to the corners when you do so. We're also putting a new take on an old approach to the test — thermal pads. These pads can be used as TIM and come as a single sheet you simply apply to your heatsink, with Thermaltake's Heilos Pad being the first new thermal pad entrant to see our test bed in the coming weeks.

Wow, how's things have improved! I've used MX-4 for like the last decade. Good to know there's something better and not overly expensive. watt HamsterCertain batches had problems with material separation that Arctic was apparently unable to solve.I've experienced that first hand.Artic's Silver series is extremely popular among enthusiasts. The Silver series has also been around for quite some time now and the company has managed to keep it relevant in the space by adding newer, better variants to match the current standards. The Arctic Silver 5 is currently one of the most popular thermal paste solutions on the market. It's a high-density polysynthetic silver compound that's known to be very effective in a variety of builds. It contains micronized silver and several other thermally conductive ceramic particles to offer a high level of performance and stability. Also, immediate performance doesn't reflect anything about long-term durability (which was the problem with MX-5).

Remember that the Tom's Hardware legacy TIM chart shows all conventional thermal greases (non liquid metal) to be in a very, very narrow performance range about 3-4 degrees Celsius. It’s no surprise that the liquid metal compounds once again sit atop the thermal comparison. Still, a 6C difference between all 15 thermal compounds tested shows there isn’t a lot of variation, even with a 360 all-in-one cooler with a push+pull fan setup for performance. Liquid metal compounds are almost always electrically conductive, so while these compounds perform better than their paste counterparts, they require more focus and attention during application. They are very hard to remove if you get some in the wrong place, which would fry your system. ChomiqGN doesn't test thermal compounds. Running ads doesn't mean they are biased towards TG. Just look at their coverage of LGA1700 frames.im not saying they are biased, its just not something, I would think even they themselves would say, that should be done by them, being in their position. The XTM50 paste by itself has low viscosity, so can also just use the 'Dot method' to apply the paste and let the mounting pressure do its thing. But if you're too worried about applying using that method, then the bundled stencil and spreader make it very easy to get things done. In theory, you can use any application method for a compound with low viscosity, but the stencil makes it that much easier to apply. It's for new builders who don't necessarily have the technical know-how of properly applying thermal paste and how improper application can have a lasting impact on the overall performance of the CPU.The differences would be slim when compared to the overall cooler solution and would vary with each installation. I don't know if it's very viable to do performance comparisons other than good/bad/terrible without very specific equipment. The dispersion is quite good, denoting that it is not as viscous as it seemed to us in the first instance, especially when we have not applied as much pressure as a heatsink will apply to the processor and, in fact, we have put much more thermal paste on the paper of the which we will cast on the IHS of the processor normally.

I de-dusted this 3 times in the meantime, so it's not a dust clog effect, and fresh paste made it again into a comfortable palm rest. here's hoping for some tests of this on the forum or by TPU themselves, GN is I think Thermal Grizzly sponsored so its a bit off for them to test it Zen 3 Rig (2022 - Present):AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 On top of that, liquid metals can't be used with aluminum heat sinks since the Gallium in them reacts with aluminum. That's not really an issue since most heat sinks (remember, not all) are made of copper which is nonreactive with the liquid metal. That being said, the high risk pays off in meaningful ways the liquid metal provides up to 73 W/(mK) thermal conductivity. It's much higher than the 0.5-12.5 W/(mK) thermal conductivity provided by conventional thermal pastes.

Thermal Paste with High Performance and Easy Application

Got a ton of different answers but OCN was all about CoolerMaster Gel, Thermalright, and Thermal Grizzly. And yeah they were not sponsored by/for the frame, but they repeatedly were sponsored by/for the thermal paste.You said sponsored, they aren't sponsored. They run ads from various manufacturers, that's different.

Thermal compounds might always be compared and debated over, but the simple fact remains: PC system building needs thermal compounds to effectively dissipate thermal loads. Without them, our beloved gaming and content-producing machines would struggle to keep components cool during heated frag sessions, heavy workstation computations, or just simply browsing the web. Many competitors quote values above 4 W/mK to suggest better performance. It often leads to false expectations and dissatisfied users. MX-5 was generally a very slight improvement over MX-4 while being a lot more difficult to apply properly. As usual, great review, Garrott, and very thorough. I can appreciate how tedious and time consuming that work can be, as well as the research, patience and attention to detail that's required. I posted a link to your review in the Intel CPU Temperature Guide 2021. Delta T (Temp difference between CPU and Cooler) = Thermal Resistance x Energy (to be transferred from CPU to Cooler)CoolLaboratory Liquid Pro is a liquid metal compound that is applied with a syringe and capillary tip to the CPU integrated heat spreader, and it ships with a scouring pad and alcohol swab for prep and cleanup. And yeah they were not sponsored by/for the frame, but they repeatedly were sponsored by/for the thermal paste. Liquid metal compounds make their way to the top of the temperature chart with slightly cooler values than the traditional pastes. Interestingly, the difference between the top and bottom of this chart is less than 4C.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment