276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grumpy Romance : A Romantic Comedy (Billionaire Dads)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are in the mood for light hearted reading this is a nice story to do it with along with characters that you can enjoy. Support libraries: If this is available at your local library, consider borrowing it for free there. But it was more emotional turmoil than I expected in this book, so I’ll need a break before continuing.

Billionaire Dads; Single Dads Series by Nia Arthurs - Goodreads

As someone who generally wouldn't pick a slow burn (which is funny since I primarily read marriages of convenience, enemies to lovers, and groveling hero books which are, to a certain extent, slow burns in their nature), the premise of this book reeled me in.Both Cody and Clarissa were once much in love, but Cody ultimately decides to leave Clarissa at the altar.

Grumpy Romance : A Romantic Comedy (Billionaire Dads)

They could tell me until they were blue in the face they wanted each other, but the tone didn't convey that well. These cold and gruff billionaires dominate every office they charge into—but they're brought to their knees by the feisty, determined black women who pry out their secret soft sides. For Clarissa, she is used to being the person who helps others not the person who receives help and/or is doted on. For me, I am also somebody who grew up low income and who also went to a prestigious institution on scholarship.

I mean, Kenya stopped living her life, dropped out of college just to be there to take care of Sasha when she was going through cancer. But, the number of times I held my breath because I KNEW they'd be disrupted during a conversation, when their eyes lingered too long, or when they were about to kiss? One of the things that I find very interesting about Cody and Clarissa (and I would be interested to see if the two of them are aware that they have this same area of growth in common), and that area of growth is asking for help and accepting help when it comes to their personal matters. The author does an excellent job of creating complex and relatable characters who readers will root for from the very beginning. to Cody and Ris (and obviously Joel) because they deserve all of it omggg it was soo cute and sooo serious.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment