276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ELEGOO Mars 4 Resin 3d Printer with 7 inch 9K LCD Desktop Grade Home High Precision 3d Printing Size of 153.36x77.76x175 mm³ Custom Model DIY

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For the first model, I went with the Tower of Pi as I have done in previous reviews to show basic slicing. I was very impressed with how the printer handled both types of resin, but I ended up liking the water washable resin a bit better, because cleanup was easier. Use one hand to hold the platform flat and square onto of the paper as you re-tighten the two bolts.

Though despite the added curves and arches making it more reminiscent of Space X's Dragon capsule, the area containing the touchscreen controls, power button, and USB port seems simpler and more prominent. One thing surprised me a lot at this stage: the resin is way, way hotter coming from the vat of the Mars 3 than the Mars 2. I ended up needing to increase the exposure time quite a bit for the water washable resin because the default values left the resin a little too soft, while I only had to increase it slightly for the low odor resin. Elegoo is also not doing you any favours with their “test print” and gives you no help with dialling in the printer. But I think the Mars 3 series is a very safe purchase in terms of not feeling like you bought in at the wrong time.It gives you a solid XY resolution of 35 microns, a build volume of 143 x 89 x 175 and a PPI of 732. I’ve been using Elegoo printers since the very first Mars printer came out and these machines have come a long way. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). If you are having trouble with prints sticking to the platform or you notice a flat spot on your printed model after removing it, you may want to try re-leveling the platform. You could wait for the next great thing, but this is, buck for buck, the best time to enter the Resin 3D printer market I have seen.

If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. Whilst the remaining resin filtered back into the bottle I used some alcohol and tissue to clean the build plate. The main thing to watch out for on a detailed model like this is ensuring the supports are in places where removing them wouldn’t cause you to accidentally damage the print. Powerful COB Light Source] Upgraded free-form surface COB lens consists of 36 highly integrated UV LED lights, paired with Fresnel lens to deliver an even beam of 405nm wavelength with 92% light uniformity for a more smooth surface finish and incredible printing quality. Copper heat tubes and a powerful cooling fan with faster heat transfer and better cooling efficiency, extending the life span of 3D printer.Roughly speaking, printing at a layer height below the pixel size is not something I would recommend. Comfortable printing experience: the built-in air purifier reduces the bad smell of resin and offers you a more pleasant and fresh experience. He started Elegoo to help makers find electronic and structural tools they need at the early stages of development, with practical kits that are not easily available on the market today due to high manufacturing costs or availability. Although the port is shaped like a standard USB port, it has a warning next to it that the output voltage is 24 volts instead of the usual 5 volts produced by USB ports, so you wouldn’t want to plug your USB memory stick into it. The pitch is a bit better than my Mars 2, where the volume changes slightly every few seconds the printer is running.

During testing, while the air purifier likely helped to mitigate the smell, I noticed that the resin odor wasn’t completely eliminated. The Pro license lasts only for the first year, after which you can either pay the ongoing upgrade fee to keep it or fall back to the standard free tier of Chitubox. But the build volume you get is not that small and small is not always bad in the case of 3D printers.With a big printer, it is harder to level the build plate exactly, they can have more wobble when printing and the FEP are bigger (giving various problems when the print has to be pulled off that big FEP).

I suggest dialling in your printer and reading one of the better guides to 3D resin printer settings. monochrome display and a resolution of 4098 x 2560 pixels, the Mars 3 Pro enables precise models to be printed with fine details. The Mars series of printers has allowed Elegoo to show off their technological ability, and established them as one of the leading SLA printer manufacturers worldwide. Anytime you change the brand or type of resin, you will want to make sure these numbers fall into the recommended range on the bottle.

Below you can find an assortment of miniatures I have printed with the Mars 3 Pro and the Mars 2 Pro. A copy of Chitubox Pro (usually 169 USD a year at the time of writing) is included with the printer. The overall design of the Mars 3 Pro is extremely similar to the previous Mars 3, and shares the same curviness, which makes sense because they are both variations of the Mars 3.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment