276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Night I Met Father Christmas: THE Christmas classic from bestselling author Ben Miller

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm honestly obsessed and I can't wait until I have children so I can force them to read this book and experience the joy that I feel.

I Fell Into a Fairytale | Book by Ben Miller, Daniela The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale | Book by Ben Miller, Daniela

I hate that I feel that way, but as soon as I figured out what was going on I just couldn’t enjoy this book. But somehow, coming as it did after an adventure into the past with a red-nosed reindeer, and a midnight journey with a talking tree, it really didn't seem that strange. What follows is the story of how Father Christmas came about as Jackson has to help him deliver his presents due to an awkward fall down Jackson's chimney Father Christmas has twisted his ankle.

And even if it combined two extra known stories - Santa origins and A Christmas Carol - it somehow succeeded in being fresh and entertaining. Daniela’s contemporary take on classic style allows her to take on some very challenging picture books; The Seeing Stickby Jane Yolen and Animals Marco Polo Sawby Sandra Markle attracted much industry acclaim. Cumva la asta m-a dus cu gândul și acest roman: la ceva comercial, care strigă cu disperare după atenție. A funny and heartwarming story from the King of Christmas, Ben Miller – the perfect sized gift for all the family! Helping him deliver the remaining of the presents, Jackson learns the story of how Torvil Christmas – a hard, cruel elf who was abandoned at birth – became the kind-hearted Father Christmas spreading love and joy to children all over the world.

The Night I Met Father Christmas: THE Christmas classic from

I had expected jingle bells, like the ones in the song, but these sounded more like Alpine cowbells. It is a lovely book and makes you think that anyone can change even if you are lonely and miserable just like Torvil Christmas is shown to be in the book. With beautiful illustrations throughout from Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini and warm, funny words from Ben Miller, this book will remind everyone of the true spirit of Christmas and prove once and for all that Father Christmas really does exist! This is how, minutes later, Jackson finds himself flying through the sky in a magical sleigh pulled by reindeers. I also found it really funny because Santa Claus was quite small and selfish before he was Santa Claus, which I found a bit unusual, since now he is very kind by giving out presents, and things like that.Can Tog use his special Christmas magic to discover the real thief and save all the presents before Christmas Eve is over?

The Night I Met Father Christmas | Book by Ben Miller

It was fun and witty and charming throughout, to the point where I even found myself laughing at it. This ended up being an extremely enjoyable simplified retelling of Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol'. It's Christmas Eve, and Jackson makes a decision that will bring a whole new meaning to the holiday: He's going to meet Father Christmas. The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have.The Night I Met Father Christmas is a fun festive read for middle-graders that has taken Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’ and given it a child-friendly makeover. W przeciwieństwie do historii Dickensa, która była znacznie lepsza, ale która dała mi niewiele uczuć.

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale: The Bestselling Classic

In his surprise at seeing Jackson, however, Father Christmas twists his ankle and therefore enlists Jackson's help in delivering presents throughout the world.Jackson decided that one Christmas Eve he's going to wait up for Father Christmas as he has so many questions to ask him. He also had pointy ears and a turned-up nose, with short curly white hair stuffed under a red velvet cap. So begins an enchanting fairy-tale into a magical snowy landscape, where Torvil, a mean-spirited and miserly elf, is about to discover the true meaning of Christmas.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment