276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whether you love him or hate him, respect him or think he is a piece of trash, Mike Tyson is a polarizing figure and he has told his story which is one worth reading! Tyson’s pungent descriptions of individual fights, served up in immediate, visceral prose; his hard-knock childhood on the mean streets of Brownsville in Brooklyn; and his transformation from an awkward, fat boy, who was cruelly bullied — a kid named Gary stole one of his beloved pigeons, “twisted the bird’s head off and threw it at me, smearing the blood all over my face and shirt” — into a fearsome warrior, under the tutelage of his guardian and trainer, Cus D’Amato. Tyson’s boxing career saw him become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and he claimed a number of world titles in his career. He says that both mother and daughter were “on the prowl for a big Black celebrity for Robin since she graduated college. My interpretation is that he is mature enough to understand religion based on your own perceptions, and you need to make your own choices with as much information as you have.

The conviction might have been shaky but so is the defence that it's impossible to "rape someone when they come to your hotel at two in the morning. Fascinating story, but also a shocking story, maybe he has reached a happy place now, after years of robbery, stealing, depression, relationships, divorces. Tyson sometimes seems to be spinning or rationalizing episodes in his life, the reader gets the sense that his book as a whole is less a calculated attempt to rebrand himself than a genuine effort by a troubled soul to gain some understanding of the long, strange journey that has been his life. If have any interest in boxing or contact sports in general you will know who Mike Tyson is I think Lennox Lewis' manager said it best in his quote "Tyson is the most exciting heavy weight fighter to come down in the last 50 year". Nicknamed "Iron Mike" and "Kid Dynamite" in his early career, and later known as "The Baddest Man on the Planet", Tyson is considered to be the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time.There's violence, sex, drugs, arrests, and betrayal -- this memoir is almost like a confessional of all the things Iron Mike did and experienced; it took a man many loathed and made him human. The autobiography grew directly out of that show and even if it is not, as Holdengräber claimed, up there with St Augustine's Confessions, it's got a lot more fighting. One feels zero sympathy for Don King ("a wretched, slimy reptilian motherfucker") or Frank Warren, both of whom get richly stomped, but spare a thought for the bodyguard who "actually began to think his name was 'Motherfucker' because all he'd hear was 'Motherfucker.

Never mind he was poor, kids can be brutal, and Mike certainly was the brunt of many of their jokes. When you have cocaine, you could be in the Mojave Desert in the middle of the fucking night, snorting your blow, and out of nowhere a bitch pops up in a bathing suit. Would MDMA have got him all loved up (a state and place he now longs to be) or had the iron been forged too deeply in his soul? Finishing the book, I keep wondering how Tyson's life would have been different if Cus had survived.While I’m talking about one of my favorite fighters of all-time, I am going to say this here and now as I did back in the day. Iron Ambition is a must-read for those interested in the life of Cus D’Amato, the man who developed Mike Tyson into the heavyweight champion of the world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment