276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Investigators: All Tide Up: 7

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If your young reader is looking for something to fill a Dogman-shaped hole in their personal libraries, let alligator investigators Mango and Brash step in. Please, John Patrick Green, if you're reading this: Don't feel the need to fill every panel with puns. We love Mango and Brash, and this book about a missing cruise ship and a ghost pirate named Willy Nilly is a lot of fun!

A hilarious ride with great wordplay, bright illustrations and plenty of twists and turns – lots to keep young readers engaged. The duo is determined to prevent this ship from disappearing, too, and head to sea to uncover the truth. Like the previous six books, it was full of talking animals, investigating, adventures, and silliness. Even when there is potty humor in the book (though I was grateful that there was only one small potty humor part in this book since those are not my personal favorites).There are so many puns that it can be a little much at times, but I suspect that kids would not catch all of them, and they and the malapropisms are definitely used as teachable moments for early and developing readers. This is the funniest book I've read since Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians, or maybe since the Wretched Waterpark. Here purely because the first in a spin-off series was so expertly done, so punsomely clever and so well written ( https://www. But then the other side of things comes in, as the young reader just has no idea why the hell their parent is laughing along to the jokes dropped all over the place for the adults, mostly involving musical puns. Here a cruise ship captain is rescued from the sea, sans cruise ship – and whisked away by a billionaire employer before the truth can come out.

John Green grew up on Long Island and has worked in New York City ever since graduating from School of Visual Arts for Graphic Design in 1997. Thank you NetGalley and First Second Books for the ARC of InvestiGators: All Tide Up by John Patrick Green. But what truly elevates "InvestiGators: All Tide Up" is the captivating artwork that brings this comic book to life. The 10 year old says that he loved the humor throughout the book and the mystery with the twist at the end.Investigators has become a good new series to look out for and we simply can't wait to continue the story. We love snuggling up and reading these as a family, and I’m already excited to discover what Mango and Brash get up to on their next adventure. I have not found the other spin off series as enjoyable, so I was happy to be back with the original crew as they sorted out the disappearance of the cruise ship.

A cute story following two of our favorite characters Mango and Brash as they figure out why the passengers on a cruise ship have gone missing. This is the seventh book in one of my seven-year-old son’s most favorite book series (The InvestiGators, which we both highly recommend to those who like fun graphic novels 😁).My son's favorite parts were bringing back some of the characters from previous installments and the mystery!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment