276°
Posted 20 hours ago

29 Seconds: The brilliant, gripping thriller from the author of Netflix hit THE HOLIDAY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What happened is that it's a business and they've got too much invested in their prime asset to let him go. People like us are just the collateral damage." Moving on, although you can’t actually move on because we are beaten over the head with the fact that Alan is a slimy son of a bitch and he gets away with anything, he’s so freaking smart. So, she saves a kid and the kid’s father gives her an “I’ll make anyone disappear just tell me a name” deal, cuz why the hell not? After the huge dilemma (we obviously know what she’ll do, it’s not really a big mystery) and those 29 seconds where she gives Alan’s name we get to be in Sarah’s head (yay!) and her constant whining how she now doesn’t want to make Alan go poof. For a second there she wanted to tell him she gave his name to a guy that’ll make him disappear. How stupid are you, Sarah? I think if she had done that I would’ve DNF-ed the book so fast because… stupid! I just don’t know how to… I just don’t’ know. Furey, Edward " Time Calculator | Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide Time" at https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/time/time-calculator.php from CalculatorSoup, The police officers call the fire department to help, but when they arrive give them no clear information as to the ambulance’s whereabouts, according to a fire department incident report. seconds. Three conditions. One deal with the Devil. I don’t even know where to start with this book but once it hit midway, there was no putting it down.

Sarah Haywood is working hard to get a permanent position at Queen Anne University for two years. She gets top marks from her students, has a steady publication record, has helped launch a new program, and has even found leads for grant funding for their department. But all of her hard work won’t matter as long as Alan Hawthorne is in charge of the department. Given his TV fame, high grant funding, and social connections with the University bigwigs, no one goes anywhere without Alan’s approval. If the hours you are subtracting is greater than the top number, borrow 1 day from the top days and add 24 to the top hours. Then subtract. It was also very interesting to put Sarahs choice (s) as a question to yourself, the reader and decide what you would do given the choice (s) she found herself having to make, its great to read her absolute disbelief how her life had changed in an hour!Now this hits the midway part of the book that brought such angst and tension. From this point on the book becomes so addicting that it becomes impossible to put down. I struggle with my perception of Sarah because who she showed herself to be contradicts how she handles her decision she makes. Some make say she becomes weak because she knew what she signed up for and the consequences of dealing with her that decision. I’ll let you decide. I wasn’t expecting that ending which gave me such a nice surprise. WOOF. When was the last time you were on the fence about a book? Because I’m standing on that fence right now! Alan Hawthorne is quite frankly a piece of work. We all probably know one. That guy that has been with the company for so long and everyone knows of him so he becomes "untouchable". Basically Alan can do whatever Alan feels like and get away with it. He should really be fired for all the disgusting things he does, but it is a good old boys club and boys will be boys. Got to love that! UGH! I was so angry for Sarah that she had to endure this behavior. I wanted to scream at Sarah to leave the situation. It was so frustrating to read all the things she had to put up with. However, Sarah made a great point, why should she leave the job she has worked for so hard? Sarah has done nothing wrong, other than be a female in a man dominated environment. Sarah is a young professor struggling to prove herself in a workplace controlled by the charming and manipulative Alan Hawthorne. A renowned scholar and television host, Hawthorne rakes in million-dollar grants for the university where Sarah works—so his inappropriate treatment of female colleagues behind closed doors has gone unchallenged for years. And Sarah is his newest target.

The characters are undeveloped; they are given a trait that they don’t get out of. Sarah is stupid through the whole book, although she has a bright moment at the end. Alan is a predator, untouchable, extra smart and always a step ahead. Sarah’s father always there for her. Other characters didn’t do much for the story: she had two friends and I couldn’t make them apart, one was there just to be a spy for Alan and after Sarah discovered she just disappears; her husband, I have no idea why he’s mentioned, he could’ve been omitted from the story; Sarah’s kids, oh boy, every time they appeared they argued and fought and whined, except that they did nothing and I don’t see how that was important for the story. Then there’s Sarah herself. She suffers all kinds of indignities at the hands of her boss, whinges to her friends but just keeps on taking it. She is a bright and intelligent woman with a burgeoning career and two young children whom she adores, but her dithering began to get on my nerves and I itched to give her a good talking to.

Categories

Seconds has those addictive short chapters that leave you hanging, just to make sure you keep reading on. 29 Seconds is another entertaining and tense read from T M Logan with a thought provoking premise...I would definitely recommend 29 Seconds to anyone who enjoys a fast paced and twisted thriller * My Reading Corner * I loved TM Logan's Lies when I read it over the summer. It was one of the better reads of 2018, that's for sure. When I saw that TM Logan had released another book (currently only in the UK), I knew that I needed a chance to read this new title. 29 Seconds is refreshingly different than TM Logan's Lies, and the writing is also structured very differently. I'll touch more about that later, but let's talk about the synopsis. It's very, very, very vague, and it needs to be! This story is not one that you want to, or need to, know more about before diving in. Sarah's situation is certainly thought provoking and had me pondering - if I were approached with the same proposition, who would that someone be that I'd like to have magically disappear. Everyone has that someone right? Before you open up this book make sure you have no plans for the day. Don't answer the telephone, and don't answer the door, because all you will want to do is to read this book. I am serious. At least that is how I thought. I did not want it to end. I raced through this book and read it in two days. I could not put this one down. I carried it wherever I went because I couldn't put it down.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment