276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AirPulse A200 Active Bookshelf Bluetooth Speaker System with Signature Phil Jones Design - Cherry Wood

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Take note of my setup, which I have tested in a more spacious part of this same room with much more depth between each side wall, only to find no difference in actual presentation qualities. The A100 is the perfect combination of Hi-Res digital audio processing technology and an aesthetic of understated elegance creates a High-Fidelity audio system with intoxicating sound quality and visual appeal. The quantity being measured is how much of the subwoofer’s output is distortion and is shown here as a percentage.

Everything is tested by our dedicated team of in-house reviewers in our custom-built test rooms in London, Reading and Bath.The A300 is a pair of bigger active bookshelf speakers that has elegant retro esthetics, combined with Phil Jones signature sound similar to what you hear from our Reference 7001 flagship monitors. The meticulously formulated horn shape produces directional and optimized high frequencies from the ribbon tweeter, so they are aimed at the listeners, minimizing unwanted effects from room reflection. The AirPulse A300 is a slam dunk win of a speaker, so long as you are a generalist and don’t require a specialized sound. I wanted the upper mids to be extended, I wanted to be aware of the subtleties of this piece, the vocal nuances and the extended reverb tails from the percussive cymbals but I didn’t hear any of that from the A80s.

We aren’t talking incredible levels of insight, and nothing that would rival the best active speakers, but these are no budget wireless option. Instead of using round copper wire in the voice coil, the Airpulse uses a single layer edge-wound copper-clad aluminium ribbon.Paired with an entry-level CD player, for example, the Airpulse A80 would have little trouble digging up the detail they are offered. Review Equipment: Solidsteel SS6 speaker stands, Chord Company Anthem reference RCA interconnects, Apple iPad mini, Google Pixel 3XL, PolyVection DAC32, Qobuz, Roon. The USB socket enables the A300 to connect directly to a computer and operate as a sound output device.

It mainly happened with bass heavy songs, atleast where it was the most audible, and it amplified with certain notes.Multiple outputs and input choices are for you to easily connect different smart devices, including your laptop, mobile phone, TV, and more. In this case, it's possible, but hard to know without hearing/measuring what comes from the speakers. One TAS5754 is connected in bridge mode to the left and right channel woofer while the other amp is connected in bridge mode to the left and right channel ribbon tweeters. All in all, the speakers looked really cool and made a good visual statement in their glossy red finish.

For those who were thinking, “why get a 2000 Pro for mid-bass content when the 1000 Pros can get just as loud? The measured performance here is fine, although SVS subs that I have tested in the past tended to have less distortion than what either of these subs could be pushed to. You need to give it some time to mature, and when it does, you can expect a full bodied, robust performance. I see people saying online that the optical input on this will also be using the internal dac in the speaker. Problem is, this hump rocks the door itself and prevents the door from sitting flush which means that when you get the 12 o’clock lug in place, the 6 o’clock positional lug has lifted upwards.The addition of the ribbon tweeter puts you on alert the the A80 wants to be a class above all of that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment