276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elvis On Tour (For The Uk)

£40.09£80.18Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A seven-disc set, with the audio selections available in digital and physical configurations, the Elvis On Tourbox set includes six audio discs (premiering previously unreleased Elvis concert performances and studio rehearsals) andWarner Bros. Home Entertainment's Blu-rayedition of the MGM Film, "Elvis On Tour," winner of Best Documentary Film at the 30th Golden Globes Awards in 1973 and the last feature film starring Elvis Presley to be released during the artist's lifetime. Melly, George (February 11, 1973). "In Praise of Warhol". No.9472. The Observer . Retrieved May 27, 2021– via Newspapers.com. The Los Angeles Times felt the documentary was "unpretentious", while the piece favored it over Elvis: That's The Way It Is. They preferred the atmosphere of the tour compared to Presley's Las Vegas performances, as the critic noted that Presley appeared "assured, relaxed". The article closed by describing Presley as "an American institution" and the film as "highly enjoyable". [37] The New York Times ' Vincent Canby opined that Presley's shows were "okay", while the scenes that showed him moving from venue to venue were uninteresting. Canby remarked that the film "remained unconvincing", as he suggested that the documentary portrayed Presley as he appeared in the Hal Wallis films he starred in instead of showing his private persona. The critic considered that "there is no 'real' Elvis left", as he closed the review suggesting that the documentary "sanctified him". [38] Meanwhile, for Rolling Stone it was "the first Elvis Presley" movie, as the publication compared it with the content of his previous releases. [26]

Disc 1 was recorded live at Hampton Roads Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia on 9 April 1972 and contains all previously unreleased material. Maher, Kevin. "Elvis review — Baz Luhrmann's best movie since Romeo + Juliet". Archived from the original on May 26, 2022 . Retrieved May 26, 2022. Hyo-Joo, Bae (May 2, 2022). 12분 기립 박수 ‘브로커’ 수상 가능성은? "황금종려상 충분히"[12-minute standing ovation 'Broker' Chances of winning? "Enough for the Palme d’Or"]. Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on May 27, 2022 . Retrieved May 27, 2022. Elvis Week staff (March 31, 2010). "Elvis on Tour Being Released on Blu-ray and DVD; Elvis Week Screening Announced". www.elvis.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2010 . Retrieved June 24, 2010. Brueggemann, Tom (August 3, 2022). " 'Elvis' Will Enter the Building Next Tuesday via PVOD, Not HBO Max". IndieWire. Archived from the original on August 6, 2022 . Retrieved August 6, 2022.Patton, Brad (August 10, 2010). "Celebrate 75 Years With Elvis". The Times Leader. No.2010–218. Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania . Retrieved May 26, 2021– via Newspapers.com. The seven-disc box set, available both digitally and physically, includes six audio discs premiering previously unreleased Elvis concert performances and studio rehearsals, as well as the MGM Film, Elvis On Tour, which won Best Documentary Film at the 30th Golden Globes Awards in 1973.

Respers France, Lisa (May 16, 2022). "Lisa Marie Presley believes late son would have loved 'Elvis' movie". CNN. Archived from the original on May 18, 2022 . Retrieved May 18, 2022. AP staff 2 (November 13, 1972). "Elvis On Tour big success". Calgary Herald. Associated Press . Retrieved May 24, 2021– via Newspapers.com. {{ cite news}}: CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list ( link) D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 10, 2020). " Elvis: Baz Luhrmann-Tom Hanks Movie Returning To Production In Australia After COVID-19 Shutdown". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 13, 2021 . Retrieved January 19, 2021. Aniftos, Rania (February 17, 2022). "Austin Butler Is Transformed Into The King in Baz Luhrmann's 'Elvis' Trailer". Billboard. Archived from the original on June 22, 2022 . Retrieved June 22, 2022. Nordyke, Kimberly (January 15, 2023). "Critics Choice Awards: Full List of Winners". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 16, 2023 . Retrieved March 8, 2023.

The Beatles, ‘Revolver Special Edition’

Disc 4 was recorded live on April 18, 1972, at Convention Center Arena, San Antonio, Texas, and includes previously released material (from 2003's Elvis: Close-Up box set), remixed for this release. See See Rider • I Got A Woman / Amen • Never Been To Spain • You Gave Me A Mountain • Until It's Time For You To Go • Polk Salad Annie • Love Me • All Shook Up • (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel • Are You Lonesome Tonight? • I Can't Stop Loving You • Hound Dog •Bridge Over Troubled Water • Suspicious Minds • For The Good Times • An American Trilogy • Love Me Tender • A Big Hunk O' Love • How Great Thou Art • Sweet, Sweet Spirit (Performed by The Stamps) • Lawdy, Miss Clawdy • Can't Help Falling In Love • Proud Mary •Heartbreak Hotel • It's Over • Funny How Time Slips Away • Burning Love • Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) • Johnny B. Goode • Always On My Mind • Separate Ways • The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face • Help Me Make It Through The Night • Young And Beautiful • I, John • Bosom Of Abraham • You Better Run • Lead Me, Guide Me • Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus / Nearer My God To Thee N'Duka, Amanda (December 30, 2020). "Kelvin Harrison Jr. To Play Blues Icon B.B. King In Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Project". Deadline. Archived from the original on January 9, 2021 . Retrieved January 19, 2021. A seven-disc set, with the audio selections available in digital and physical configurations, the Elvis On Tourbox set includes six audio discs (premiering previously unreleased Elvis concert performances and studio rehearsals) andWarner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Blu-rayedition of the MGM Film, “Elvis On Tour,” winner of Best Documentary Film at the 30th Golden Globes Awards in 1973 and the last feature film starring Elvis Presley to be released during the artist’s lifetime. Baz Luhrmann's involvement was first announced in April 2014, with Kelly Marcel writing the script for Warner Bros. [14] No further development was announced until March 2019, when Tom Hanks was cast in the role of Colonel Tom Parker. Luhrmann was set as director, and also replaced Marcel as screenwriter with Sam Bromell and Craig Pearce. [15] [16] [17]

Thomas, Kevin (January 17, 1973). "Elvis Tours His Own Turf". Los Angeles Times . Retrieved May 19, 2021– via Newspapers.com. A closing statement additionally explains that a series of lawsuits in the 1980s exposed Parker's financial abuse of Elvis, with Parker settling out of court and cutting his ties to the Presley estate after failing to claim immunity as a stateless person. Elvis Presley remains the greatest-selling solo artist in history, beloved by millions worldwide even decades after his death. At the same time, Parker dies impoverished and alone in the hospital, having gambled the rest of his ill-gotten fortune away. Australian Elvis fans treated to new movie, new exhibition". Australian Geographic. May 25, 2022. Archived from the original on June 29, 2022 . Retrieved June 26, 2022. D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 10, 2020). " Elvis: Baz Luhrmann-Tom Hanks Movie Returning To Production In Australia After COVID-19 Shutdown". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on September 10, 2020 . Retrieved September 10, 2020.Rubin, Rebecca (January 28, 2021). "Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Movie Delays Release Date". Variety. Archived from the original on January 28, 2021 . Retrieved January 28, 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment