276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flourish: The Extraordinary Journey Into Finding Your Best Self

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A few more details are worth mentioning. To emphasize the difficulty of learning the relevant information by normal means, Tarazi writes, I love that Antonia Case created Womankind and New Philosopher magazines. I regularly enjoy her contributions. I was so excited when I first heard about this book, and I was delighted with the audiobook version. In the mid-1970s Dilmen investigated hypnosis for controlling weight and headaches. She joined some amateur hypnosis groups, which Tara­zi also had joined, and eventually they and some other members began exploring past-life regressions. During Dilmen’s first round of hypnotic sessions, she related former lives from a variety of historical periods and geographic locations. But the one that interested her the most, and the one to which she kept returning, was that of a sixteenth-century Span­ish woman named Antonia. During eight sessions conducted between June 1977 and January 1978, Dilmen gave a great deal of information about Antonia’s life. Three years later, between June 1981 and March 1983, Tarazi conducted 36 more sessions, which she tape-re­corded and transcribed. Australia's Popular New Philosopher Magazine Blurs the Line Between Indie and Mainstream". AIGA. Archived from the original on 15 June 2015 . Retrieved 15 June 2015. Tarazi, L. (1990). An unusual case of hypnotic regression with some unexplained contents. Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research84, 309-44.

David C Wood CV". Vanderbilt Philosophy. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013 . Retrieved 4 August 2013. she was stunned. All present observed her dramatic change in mood from eager anticipation to a deep depression. It never occurred to her to ques­tion the authorities. In quiet resignation she said her whole story must have been imagination. 20 Author talk at Paperchain Manuka, 34 Franklin St, Manuka ACT 2603, phone 02 6295 6723. More details The first magazine I remember was Dolly. It was a magazine for young girls in Australia, but it ceased print publication just under two years ago. I bought it while staying at my grandparents’ house in the country.History, though, has always been Fraser’s real fascination. ‘I think it’s no good judging people by our [contemporary] standards,’ she says. ‘Almost everyone [in history] would fail by our standards, including possibly some of our own views when we were young.’ Caroline Norton would, Fraser feels, have ‘been very at home today, but I don’t want to pretend she had views she didn’t, because that’s dishonest’. So although Norton was strongly against slavery, she also believed that it was to the aristocracy that Britons should look for their leaders. Most importantly, however, Norton fought for women’s rights and caused laws to be changed. When her husband sued her and Melbourne for ‘criminal conversation’, she was not represented in court, despite days of lurid testimony. As a married woman, she had no legal existence outside marriage – as Norton herself succinctly put it: ‘She does not exist; her husband exists.’

Although Tarazi found no evidence that Antonia ever existed, we should note that she did not even look for certain records. Tarazi argued that if Antonia’s story is true, it is highly unlikely that crucial records were ever made, or that they survived. Antonia claimed to be born on an isolated plantation on Hispaniola and baptized at a small local church whose name she could not recall. It is also unlikely that there would be records of her marriage by an unofficial priest at her husband’s home, or of her death by drowning off an unnamed Caribbean island.

About the contributors

In Flourish you tell the story of how you quit your job and travelled across the world in search of your ideal self. How did you find writing about that experience? Did you know while you were travelling that you wanted to write it all down, or did it come about afterwards? New Philosopher". Magpile. Archived from the original on 27 November 2013 . Retrieved 24 November 2013.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment