276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Robot and the Bluebird: 1

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lots of drama can come out of this book, thinking about how the robot feels and creating freeze frames of certain points in the story and saying how a character might feel.

I hope you all had a lovely summer break and the children got to relax and enjoy themselves doing whatever makes them happy. The robot at the beginning just sat there heartless but once bluebird came into his heart, robot felt much better and loved. As a follow-up, readers should be encouraged to make their own suggestions to complete the titular phrase.A heartfelt story which shows how a Robot that has been thrown into the scrapheap because he didn't have a heart then receiving a different type of heart in the form of a Bluebird, whom he lets nest in the space were his heart should have been to keep him warm during the winter. Discovered thanks to Children's Books group's June 2021 'birds' theme, but not really about the bird so much. Rejuvenated, the robot carries the bluebird south across industrial wastelands to rejoin her multicolored flock.

This is one of the finest children's picture books I have had the pleasure of reading in a very long time. The children earn stickers for any homework brought in so once they have finished a piece please bring it in to school. See if you can find out what Epiphany is and put into a poster or presentation to share with the class. A heartwarming tale of a robot, with a broken heart, who finds a purpose again,when he meets a small, tired bluebird.Lilting cadences give this tale a lightness and a fairytale touch reminiscent of Oscar Wilde, but with a Burtonesque twist. In a depersonalized factory, working robots attempt to fix what remains of the central character's heart — two springs and an open door — before sending him to the scrap heap with 'all the other old machines. OUR AUTHOR AND ILLUSTRATOR DAVID LUCAS – Is a British author and illustrator, whose parents loved nature, something he took advantage of as a child getting outdoors as much as he could. The pack even goes a step further by offering a selection of resources and activities at the end of the pack to support teachers in the classroom. The artwork effectively brings to life the succinct, rhyming text and will help readers make sense of it.

We at Grandroid company believe that we have to stop living I the past and begin living in the future. At the end there is reminder of the steps to success and a diagnostic question yo help support your AFL.After the big new yellow tractor, crowds of overalls-clad locals and a red fire engine all fail to pull her out, the little tractor (who had been left behind the barn to rust after the arrival of the new tractor) comes putt-puff-puttedy-chuff-ing down the hill to entice his terrified bovine buddy successfully back to dry ground. Think about the different seasons and either draw or paint a picture of what the outdoors would look like in that season i.

The robot offers her shelter in the place where his heart used to be, and her warmth and singing stir up the last glimmer of energy the robot has. Lovely life lessons in this one alongside sweet characters and perfectly pitched illustrations… I think that this might go straight onto the metaphorical family favourites shelf!We got this book through the library because we asked the librarian for any robot-themed children's books they might have. The children earn stickers for any home-learning brought in so once they have finished a piece so please bring it in to school. It's such a great book that I wanted to feature it in my year 2 class, as it also ties in perfectly to our Topic of inventions (a lot of the children thought of robots when they thought about inventions). You were very creative and it has a pleasure for the children to share their home learning with the class.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment