276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NO EXIT a gripping thriller full of heart-stopping twists

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

TAYLOR ADAMS delivers a rapid-paced, suspenseful, gripping, well-written and perfectly executed read here that was such a vivid portrayal that I thought I was actually watching a thriller movie unfold rather than just reading it. That is pretty good storytelling to be able to totally immerse me in every little scary vivid detail as I am definitely not a visual reader. Violence — in all its forms, and especially in its most shameful — beatings, killings . . . . Immortality is as much at home here as noble feelings . . . . There is also love — preferably vile — violent passion, implacable hatred." According to Hindu tradition, the early morning (3.30 a.m.- 5.30 a.m.) is called Brahmamuhurta. It is considered the best time to meditate and study. The mind will be calm and serene at that time.

I was on pins and needles the entire time I read this book. College student, Darby, leaves school to drive to see her dying mother in Utah. Darby's car in ill suited for the long drive, a blizzard is brewing, she has forgotten her phone charger, and the roads become impassable. Darby pulls into a remote rest side stop and must wait out the storm with four strangers. Cover: Frightening, isolating, and frigid. This cover totally caught my attention and is a fabulous representation to storyline. I am so ecstatic to say that it totally lived up to all the hype and exceeded all my expectations! College student Darby Thorne has just gotten word that her mother is dying and is about to undergo potentially dangerous surgery. Although their relationship has never been good (her mother said that when she was pregnant with Darby she thought she had the flu, so she almost killed her with Theraflu), Darby cannot miss the chance to apologize and make amends in case time is short. What were the odds of stumbling across a kidnapping in progress? While trapped overnight in a snowy rest stop? It was all too fantastical to be a part of Darby's life." nine-year-old Jay is trapped in a dog kennel at the rear of a non-running van with no outdoor winter clothing, yet never seems to be cold?

ATTENTION FELLOW TWISTED PLOT LOVERS: Run to the bookstore, library or Audible when this little gem is released on JULY 1, 2017. NO EXIT by Taylor Adams is your magic carpet ride out of a sweltering summer and into a snowy hell. The culprit may seem obvious at first glance, but if thrillers have taught us anything, it's that first impressions are often deceiving. It’s a race to outsmart the dirtbag responsible while keeping the little girl safe and surviving until sun up—a feat that at times feels hopeless. What I really enjoyed while reading this was its cinematic quality. I’m no movie buff but I love a good story in any way it’s told. Sometimes when I’m reading a book that feels really cinematic it annoys me because I felt like it was written with the idea of it being made into a movie, instead of being written for the sake of the story (looking @ you again Rey Frey). However, Adams didn’t fall prey to this at all. I can definitely see it on the big screen because it’s set up in a way that I think it would thrill anyone to read or watch but it wasn’t heavy handed or overwhelming. My dislike for the villain, though, was still secondary to my annoyance with Darcy. She is the only character we're really encouraged to care about and it was difficult when she did so many stupid things. Sending the police to the wrong rest stop was TOO MUCH.

Great pacing by Adams. I am really excited to see what he comes up with next. I hope he consistently stays in this Thriller/Horror zone. I definitely think he's found his sweet spot! I know I am late to the party with this one, but I initially was hesitant to read it. I kept wondering just how good can a book be that takes place all at a rest stop? Ummm well I could not be more wrong. It was a off the charts, nail biting, chilling, crazy roller coaster of a ride. Hands down fantastic 5 star book. You guessed it, I loved it! No Exit is one of my favorite type of thriller. A thrilling fast-past, climatic, heart-pounding game of cat and mouse between two strong and very different characters who try to outwit each other. I even joined in on this cat and mouse game by yelling at the characters and rooting here for our young brave heroine who gives it her all to outwit a psychopath. Overall, NO EXIT is an outstanding thriller with an engrossing storyline which will keep you on the edge right till the end. Highly Recommended.While there are some creepy parts (and some gruesome ones), those aren't the reasons I'm warning you. It's quite simple, actually: if you start reading this book, there's no way you're going to want to put it down. You're going to want to stay up until you finish the book, and then once you're done, you'll probably have a little excess adrenaline that will keep you awake longer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment