276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viper: Book 1 in the thrilling YA fantasy trilogy set on the high seas (Isles of Storm and Sorrow)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The standout debut thriller of 2021 that delivers multiple brilliant twists, and will change the way you think about the modern crime novel. I have said it before and I will say it again… JRW is losing a step with her work. I think its because she has already written as far as she knows and has started regurgitating her work. Her characters are not just flawed, they are unlikeable. Normally, with hard characters, you find a kernel of something that is redeemable. This novel revolves around Kane and Nadya, Apex and Callum. The storyline was quite rushed and jumped around a lot. There are a few time skips and it went in a new direction every few chapters which just meant I struggled to really get into it. There was so much travel and so many new places introduced that I couldn’t really absorb them all before we’d moved on to a new one. As Amanda and Oliver are forced to collaborate, they realise that what everyone thinks they know about the Angels is wrong. The truth is something much darker and stranger. And the devilish story of the Alperton Angels is far from over...

Nadya the nurse is coming off in an Autumn/ Hex’s mother kind of broken. She was deformed thanks to a forced fiancé who threw acid and salt at her to get out of the marriage. Nadya wanted to be of use so she worked at the prison camp to help the suffering. Like Autumn did at sanctuary.. Autumn/Tohr then Hex/John Matthew now Kane/Nadya… ugh… The formeracquisitions and managing editor at Titan Books joined the company as senior commissioning editor for Serpent’s Tail Crime in February to commissiontitles across the crime, thriller, and suspense genres. This Is How We Ride", "Grindin' Well", "In My Hood", "Bring The Noise", "Can I Be Heard", "Ride Or Die", "Shatter", and I also have a soft spot for "Can't Tell A Ni**a Nothin". This is Viper's second album, released in 2006. This is where he majorly diverges from his previous album and pretty much singlehandedly creates Cloud Rap. As Amanda and Oliver are forced to collaborate, they realise that what everyone thinks they know about the Angels is wrong. The truth is something much darker and stranger than they'd ever imagined. And the story of the Alperton Angels is far from over.

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrap

In the beginning I was thinking why they were rushing to solve the problem in one book, but the ending and everything made me understand and even more excited on whats to come in the next book. I very much want Apex to get his story! Callum just has to make it through! It was such a sweet start to a possible relationship! A desert-dust nightmare with a scorpion's sting. I loved it'– EMMA STONEX, author of THE LAMPLIGHTERS RECOMMENDED: "I Wanna Be With You" (non-offbeat version/"Radio Version" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMwVCSsTm4), "My Tussle", "Thinking Bout Her Love", "Byzantine"

I think this is Viper's best album, no doubt, and it has a lot of heart in it. Viper really outdid himself here, and it shows.The Viper is a story you will not soon forget with its imagery and raw descriptions. It ends with a baby cliffy that leads into whatever is coming next. So Good! The extra star studded cast were also blowing me away! A five-star scene of V and Payne investigated a crime scene together! And Apex and Callum's cliff hanger that urgently required to continue and conclude happily in their own novel next! The most awaited plot twist, that you can see since it is mentioned a particular of the isles, was bland and disappointed me a lot. I was expecting something never seen and I was given the same as always. Yes, It works in a book like this, but could have been better. The style was really good, I read it fast (maybe a bit too fast) and the world building, the strong point of this book, was simply phenomenal. All the isles, each with something that differ, the sea, the forests, everything was put in the perfect place and sometimes it seemed I was there with the protagonist. FAVORITES: "Feel", "I'm Watchin' These Haters", "They Can't Fold Me", "My Expeditions As A Baller", "You Gone Die", "What It Would Take", "My Hustle"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment