276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ratburger

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Among the 'thrills and spills' of the story are a sadness visited upon the girl followed by an uplifting comeuppance for the bad-guys with an entertaining Shawshank Redemption style escape plan thrown in for good measure. I can imagine developing some interesting creative writing lessons around writing the story from the perspective of one of the other characters, or even a diary extract for Zoe or a different end to the tale.

Ratburger - The World of David Walliams

My favorite moment from this book would be the finally when Zoe and her dad sees what Burt and Sheila are doing to her rats and what Burt is putting in his burgers and selling them to schools.

I picked up this book because on Boxing Day I watched David Walliams count down Britain's Favourite Children's Books ( http://www. There are a couple of ruder bits but I promise you they're incredibly tame and are more likely to make a child chuckle rather than scarring him/her for life!

Home - The World of David Walliams

This follows on from the success of Grandpa’s Great Escape, Awful Auntie, Demon Dentist, Ratburger and Gangsta Granny. The references to Lady Gaga, Piers Morgan and a ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ obsession with finding fame make this classic tale of good triumphing over bad and the underdog winning in the end, both modern and relevant.Some of my favourites include the dastardly Burt, the tattoo covered, prawn cocktail crisp munching stepmother and the tiny but ferocious school teacher Miss Midge. From an adult perspective, it's a wonderful book, full of imagination and comedy, and some little references that I think only adults would understand.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment