276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Normal People: The Scripts

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I did like this slightly more than the show it's the script for, in that I was physically capable of finishing this, which I cannot say of the show. Rear view of Marianne walking through school. She is determined. Uniformed teens are milling about the corridors as she passes by without a glance at them.

NORMAL PEOPLE EPISODE 2 - Logo of the BBC NORMAL PEOPLE EPISODE 2 - Logo of the BBC

Thus when we first meet Marianne and Connell at school in Sligo (and that setting is important – Rooney has an eye for the small-town morality of rural Ireland, the way in which those who wish to leave can be seen as having ‘notions’), she is the awkward girl from the ‘big house’, spiky, ‘difficult’, disliked by her classmates as much for her refusal to play by their rules as for the intelligence she refuses to hide. Yet she does conceal from them the sadnesses of her family, in the shape of an absent, never-talked of father, a near-silent, apparently disinterested mother and a bully of a brother, who is determined to crush her spirit. The complete screenplays of the acclaimed Emmy-nominated drama based on Sally Rooney's bestselling novel.With an introduction by director Lenny Abrahamson and featuring iconic images from the show, Normal People: The Scripts contains the complete screenplays of the acclaimed Emmy-nominated television drama based on Sally Rooney's bestselling novel. I went into a tunnel with this book and didn’t want to come out. Absolutely engrossing and surprisingly heart-breaking with more depth, subtlety, and insight than any one novel deserves. Young love is a subject of much scorn, but Rooney understands the cataclysmic effects our youth has on the people we become. She has restored not only love’s dignity, but also its significance.” —Stephanie Danler, author of Sweetbitter Where Connell, for all his passionate responses to the books he reads, struggles to explain his thoughts to the more confident middle-class students in his university, Marianne can bluff with the best of them. She has learnt to wield her differences as a weapon and doesn’t care (or rather gives a very good impression of not caring) when others raise an eyebrow or try to talk over and down to her. Delve deeper into the Emmy- and Golden Globe–nominated Hulu series based on Sally Rooney’s bestselling novel with this must-have collection of the Normal People scripts, featuring behind-the-scenes photos and an introduction by director Lenny Abrahamson. Funny and intellectually agile . . . [combines] deft social observation—especially of shifts of power between individuals and groups—with acute feeling . . . [Rooney is] a master of the kind of millennial deadpan that appears to skewer a whole life and personality in a sentence or two.” — Harper’s Magazine

NORMAL PEOPLE EPISODE 1 - Logo of the BBC

Rooney] has written twofresh and accessiblenovels. . . . There is so much to say about Rooney’s fiction—in my experience, when people who’ve read her meet they tend to peel off into corners to talk.” —Dwight Garner, The New York Times Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days.

Problems with your delivery

Read more Read more Read more CONVERSATIONS WITH FRIENDS NORMAL PEOPLE MORE BY SALLY ROONEY Written with gemlike precision and marked by a sly sense of humor, Conversations with Friends is wonderfully alive to the pleasures and dangers of youth, and the messy edges of female friendship An Emmy-nominated Hulu original series Normal People is the story of mutual fascination, friendship & love It takes us from that first conversation to the years beyond, in the company of two people who try to stay apart but find that they can’t Rooney’s] two carefully observed and gentle comedies of manners . . . are tender portraits of Irish college students. . . . Remarkably precise—she captures meticulously the way a generation raised on social data thinks and talks .”— New York Review of Books It’s a key moment because for Normal People to work, both as a book and as a TV series, you have to remember how it feels to be young and insecure. To understand why Connell might hang Marianne to dry in the most painful, public way and, why, later on, when the tables are turned at university, Marianne might delight in pointing out that she, the perennial outsider, is the one who holds the cards in this very different world, by dint not only of intelligence but also of a certain type of self-assurance that comes from being higher up the class ladder. I find both of the actors to be well-cast and hot, and that's the nicest thing I have to say about it. Liberties the show takes from the book make the story feel totally different to me. Rooney] has invented a sensibility entirely of her own: sunny and sharp, free of artifice but overflowing with wisdom and intensity. . . . The novel touches on class, politics, and power dynamics and brims with the sparky, witty conversation that Rooney’s fans will recognize.” — Vogue

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment