276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SHIMANO Disc Brake Pads, B01S Resin,Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I do have Shimano rotors that say "resin only" but prices on rotors don't seem that bad so I was thinking maybe semi metallics might work?

B01S alternatives that last longer? - Mountain Bike Reviews Forum B01S alternatives that last longer? - Mountain Bike Reviews Forum

I do like these resin pads; braking power is good and consistent with zero squeal. I do not ride in wet conditions at all, an unfortunate condition of the persistent drought in southern California.

Write a review

Looks like my rear pads are down to 1 mm or less. front is also very close. I have BR-M447 brakes and Shimano has only one replacement pad the B01S - they say to only use resin pads. RT66's have a narrower braking band to work with shallower G01S type pads and compatible brakes (e.g: SLX, XT) which would explain the deeper (B type) pads wearing more of the disc surface rather than being positioned lower. The disadvantage is that Hydraulic disc brakes systems are several times more expensive than mechanical disc brakes. However the actual brake pads are about the same cost. The counterfeit brake pads are difficult to distinguish from Shimano's genuine products by appearance. Please see the photos below.

Shimano B05S Disc Brake Pads Resin (B01S / B03S)

Hydraulic disc brakes are also less fiddly to set up as both pads move toward the rotor vs. mechanical disc brakes where only one pad moves toward the rotor. The Hydraulic disc brake systems we use can self-adjust at the pad wears down, resulting in less maintenance. Will fit; BR-M575, BR-M525, BR-M495, BR-M486, BR-M485, BR-M475, BR-M465, BR-M445, BR-M416-A, BR-M416, BR-M415, BR-M375, BR-M365, BR-T615 There are two fundamental ways to move the brake pads. Mechanical disc brakes use a cable wire to push one pad toward the rotor. This cable wire can stretch resulting in inconsistent performance. Hydraulic disc brakes use a non-compressible fluid to push both pads towards the rotor the result is improved braking power and modulation. Braking performance is critical for the faster class 3 e-bikes. To our regret, recently counterfeit Shimano products have been illegally sold at local retailers, online flea markets and other online marketplaces.Now I'm addicted and riding quite a bit more. I only have a month on this second pair of B01S pads and they are nearing replacement already.

Brake Pad Compatibility Chart – Juiced Bikes Brake Pad Compatibility Chart – Juiced Bikes

Brilliant Bikes Ltd, 13-14 Broomhall Buildings Chobham Road Sunningdale Berkshire United Kingdom SL5 0DU mount new pads, try not to touch pad surface with greasy/sweaty/dirty hands, if you do its not the end of the world though

Shimano B01S Disc Brake Pads Reviews

Question 2. front rotor looks great. rear maybe not. there is a slight groove worn in it. not very deep but noticable. Should I just replace the pads and keep riding or is this a problem. there is still pad left and it cant see where it would be rubbing on some metal besides the pad. Pics below. Is the B01S about as good as I can do or are there better alternatives? They are fairly cheap so not a big deal. Usually it's a good idea to bleed the brakes when you install new pads. Not a requirement though and as long as you have a firm brake lever it will be fine.

Brake Pad replacement for Shimano B01S, and is this Brake Pad replacement for Shimano B01S, and is this

Start by identifying which brake system is on your bike. The easiest way is to look at the lever. The table above will help you identify the brake system based on the lever design. You can also look at the caliper to confirm the brake system type. Take note of the pad type in the last two columns. Most of our e-bike use the Shimano B01S compatible pad. not sure what I should do... here are some pics. can you tell if there is a spacer missing?? Could there be the wrong pads installed? Seems strange they are both running low on the rotor. The Shimano B01S is one of the most common brake pads used in the industry. Almost every bicycle repair shop will have B01S. This pad is used on at least 45 different brake systems spanning across many different brands. It is used on hydraulic and mechanical disc brakes. They both look fine in those photos. That wear may have been caused by the previous owner and has since been fixed.as Dan said, go with the better rotors (compatible with metal pads), then when you dont like the resin pads you can try the metal pads (sintered), or just go straight to the metal pads We often get asked which replacement brake pad to get. We have created this guide to help you identify your brake pad type. While Shimano's genuine products are designed by Shimano with utmost care to ensure their safety, quality and function, the safety of those counterfeit products is not assured and may lead to serious accidents.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment