276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wrong Place Wrong Time: Can you stop a murder after it's already happened? THE SUNDAY TIMES THRILLER OF THE YEAR AND REESE’S BOOK CLUB PICK 2022

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Groundhog’s Day premise is engaging from the first chapter. I did figure out part of the twist, but it may not be as obvious to those who are new to this genre. This was a five star read until the last minute of the book, as the ending felt rushed. The reader deserves a more detailed explanation into why the time loop was initiated! many Time Travel books — feel too unrealistic — more far fetched science fiction than I’m comfortable with. The story begins with Jen witnessing her son kill another boy and as the police arrive, Jen’s life begins to crumble. Her son is charged with murder, in possession of the knife and the victims blood on his hands and clothes.

The reason why Ryan remained as Kelly. I understand it was because Joseph would one day get out and didn’t want him to find out that he was undercover. But then it seemed like a silly idea because he has had to spend his whole life in hiding so that the police don’t know and to be prepared for the day Joseph is free. I didn’t really believe this line of reasoning perhaps because there wasn’t enough build up around Joseph and how dangerous this guy was, I’m told not shown. There were so many twists and turns in here, it made for a most exciting time. I don't want to talk them up though, since whether or not you'll be surprised will depend on what you've seen before. As for me, I guessed a few things beforehand, but there were still plenty that surprised me and kept me on my toes. This was my first book by this author. It may take me a long time before I read something else by her. Ryan’s instant love of a few days and willingness to throw everything away for Jen was a bit too unbelievable. I'm still conflicted on whether or not the audiobook was the way to go with this one. On the one hand, the narrator is fabulous and does a wonderful job inflecting various voices for the differing characters; on the other, it made it more difficult to keep up with the jumping timeline and easier to zone out on the more repetitive parts. Take from that what you will. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It is midnight on the morning of Halloween, and Jen anxiously waits up for her 18-year-old son, Todd, to return home. But worries about his broken curfew transform into something much more dangerous when Todd finally emerges from the darkness. As Jen watches through the window, she sees her funny, seemingly happy teenage son stab a total stranger.

You can’t believe it when you see him do it: your funny, happy teenage son, he kills a stranger, right there on the street outside your house. You don’t know who. You don’t know why. You only know your son is now in custody. His future shattered. Jen wakes up the next morning, after a night at the police station, ready to fight, to hire lawyers, to try to understand how she had “come to raise a murderer. Teenage rage. Knife crime. Gangs. Antifa. Which is it? Which hand have they been dealt?” She is, she thinks, “an excellent rescuer, has spent all of her life doing just that, and now it’s time to help her son”. But, as she slowly comes to realise, the impossible has happened. It is 28 October and Todd has yet to kill anyone. If you are aware of these techniques used by liars, you can easily detect liars. The polygraph test is also used for detecting liars in certain investigations. Some perfect liars tell lies more convincingly than the facts. It is tough to detect their lies. She is trying to tell the painful aspects associated with it if you come from a family of liars. As you have already seen the future, it will be difficult for you to face the convincing lies your family members tell. How Jen's character is molded reveals why it is better not to time travel to your past if you are coming from such a family. The author beautifully depicts all the difficulties she faced due to the time travel.

Speaking honestly, I was completely bored and suddenly I was skimming, which is something that I am against. If you love a book that pulls you away from your normal thought processes then you will adore this. Jen wakes up in present-day, and everything since the night she met her husband had changed. Jen had stopped the baby from being kidnapped, so Ryan never had to go undercover. He kept his real name and was still a police officer. They ended up together and had Todd, but Todd didn’t need to kill anyone to protect his parents. Cleo was the stolen baby, although in this timeline she grew up as Eve. She and Todd still ended up dating. Both phases of parenthood – the newborn years and the almost-adult ones – are bookended by sleep deprivation, though for different reasons." okay. i actually really quite enjoyed this. because i didnt think i would in the beginning. but its the twists and turns that totally save this story for me.

A remote weekend getaway for two couples soon turns into a nightmare when they accidently discover a naked woman running through the woods. Being the good samaritans that most people are they take her in, believing they will help her only for her kidnappers to turn up on their doorstep instead, determined to leave no witnesses. If you like a book that keeps you gripped and eagerly anticipating the next move, then you will be immersed in this one. The way things go sometimes when you write novels is that you pour your life lessons into your work, but they very often teach you things in return, too, like they are sentient beings themselves. Some novels have taught me small lessons, some large, and Wrong Place Wrong Time the largest of all: that to have a child will be a lot like falling in love, as simple and as complex as that." Jen, watching from a window, witnesses her 17-year-old son, murder a man in front of her home. What could have made her sweet son murder a man? Now that he is in custody, what will become of him?

Select a format:

Banter can hide the worst sins. Some people laugh to hide their shame, they laugh instead of saying I feel embarrassed and small." Each day there was a small discovery but there was nothing substantial to really hook me in. My interest didn’t pique until ~45% mark where there was a pretty big reveal. But in between the reveals it felt so slow and there was no sense of urgency or much tension.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment