276°
Posted 20 hours ago

JOYO Overdrive Distortion Pedal R Series High Gain OD Clean Boost to Dist for Electric Guitar Effect (Tauren R-01)

£21.495£42.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tumnus nails the original Klon tone with great accuracy. This is interesting, given that it employs surface-mount silicon diodes in lieu of germanium. Clearly, you could argue that it's a further refutation of claims that rare diodes are essential for Klon-like tones. Again, I refer you to the second part of the relevant clips in the Gain Control playlist, where diode color is most evident. Even here, the two sounds are almost indistinguishable. A Klone very close to the original, with tweaks only intended to improve consistency and deliver a smoother overdrive sound. Also available is a Germanium Mod that features hand-matched Germanium Clipping diodes, featuring softer clipping that is more compressed with less overall gain. The R Series, or Revolution series from JOYO are the 4th generation of guitar effects and all feature some very cool ambient LED lighting. The Tauren pedal adds a classic low-to medium gain overdrive to your electric guitar signal. It delivers a warm transparent overdrive that adds dynamic gain to the guitar signal without changing the tone of your electric guitar.

Look, I’m not saying I’m a Tauren, but I will ask you this: have you ever seen me and a Tauren in the same place at the same time? The first mini-klone ever released is also one of the best-selling ones. It’s a sonically faithful redesign of the original, in miniature shape, by a US builder with boutique credentials and an unmatched reputation for nailing overdrive circuits. A re-engineered but authentic-sounding version of the now rare original, the Manticore V2 gives the Klon tone a fresh look, introducing an extra gain stage at the input level and a Savage knob that fattens up your guitar signal through a unique low pass filter. Always’– The lights are always on, but the pedal is only activated when you press the footswitch and the LED effect indicator comes on. Admittedly, it sounds terminally wimpy to conclude with, “Gosh, they all sound great." But it just happens to be true. (Well, they are clones!) I'd use any of these onstage or in the studio without hesitation. Your choice may be more about price and pedal size than any minor tonal discrepancies.An evolution of the Klon that adds flexibility with a three-way clipping toggle and a full 3-band active EQ.

Now, for those of you feverishly flipping through your World Atlas, let me clarify: we’re talking about World of Warcraft here. Now, I'm hip. I know that's a video game. I haven't played it yet because I've played Fallout 4 for seven years, but let’s put our cards on the table: we all know this pedal is based around the Klon. And honestly? It does the Klon thing pretty dang well. A Klone that attempts to enhance the original with higher voltage spread for more headroom, and two switches affecting the signal’s clipping. V3 adds an independent boost circuit and two diode flavor options: Silicon or Mosfet. Although this is not presented as a Klon clone, this transparent overdrive by a very reputable builder presents uncanny similarities in tone and response. A glass knob controls the treble without affecting the bass frequencies and coexists with a tone knob. It’s great to see that Joyo has updated its pedal range recently. One of the inclusions into their lineup is the Joyo Tauren overdrive pedal. This pedal features the tones of the Klon with just a little bit of extra gain added to the mix. No matter which way you use it, it sounds great and is built well. The main difference between the Klon Centaur and the Klon KTR is this is a PCB version of the original.Tone-wise though, the Soul Food nails it. I would buy the Caline Pegasus over this if I had to do it all over again. In terms of value for money and build quality, the Chellee Ponyboy kills the Soul Food. I don’t see any reason to buy this one over the Chellee. Perfectly camouflaged as a Klone, this is actually a double fuzz. Don’t miss the manufacturer’s criptic introduction to the pedal, aimed at confusing and then surprising the Klone seeker. The Moskey Golden Horse is a mini-Klon-style pedal in gold. It features the three regular controls, including gain, treble, and volume. If you are on a budget and enjoy the mini-pedal experience on your pedalboard, then give it a shot. Since this is a very small effects pedal, it does not work on battery. It requires a regular 9V DC power supply for operation. 3. Caline Pegasus

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment