276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fearless: Adventures with Extraordinary Women

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Incredibly moving and inspiring' Gabby Logan'Prepare to be blown away... the most incredible examples of girl power' Judy Murray OBE'It's brilliant - I loved it' Lorraine Kelly'Brilliant ... impressive and vividly told' The Times 'Louise is such a positive and uplifting presence.

Fearless: Adventures with extraordinary women Louise Minchin Fearless: Adventures with extraordinary women Louise Minchin

Louise Minchin is a journalist, presenter, author and podcaster, who presented BBC’s flagship morning show, BBC Breakfast, for over 20 years. Former BBC Breakfast presenter Louise doesn't disappoint. As you'd expect from someone who does triathlons, Louise doesn't just profile women who have amazing adventures: she joins them. So we see her caving in the dark, free diving under the ice in Finland with the first woman to swim a mile in the Antarctic Circle, and swimming from Alcatraz with two teenage sisters who have braved the shark-infested waters over 70 times. Money Matters Neurodiversity Preparing for University - Subject Reading Lists Reading For Pleasure Stationery Women were surely also achieving similar feats, but it clearly wasn't being reported as much. Louise, therefore, set out to find - and indeed become part of - these stories. In this episode we discussed what everyone needs to know and what you can do with Nigel Denby from Harley Street at Home

Venue details

Join Louise on stage as she tells the stories of the women who are breaking down barriers, smashing records and challenging stereotypes. In her extraordinary journey, Louise reminds us of the bravery inside us all, and how essential it is to celebrate women's achievements. Prepare to be touched and inspired by these fearless women. Louise Minchin went from presenting BBC Breakfast to competing for the GB Triathlon Team. Driven to bring more attention to female stories, she embarks on adventures with trailblazing women who are breaking down barriers, smashing records and challenging stereotypes in the world of sports and endurance. What we eat can make a difference to how we feel and our symptoms during the menopause transition, Fiona Staunton is from Fiona’s Food for Life and she has some great recipe ideas and foods that will help you in the perimenopause as well as the menopause. Incredibly moving and inspiring... Louise perfectly tells the stories of powerful and intrepid women... a reminder of what women can do and how enormous our untapped potential is.

Apple Podcasts ‎Henpicked Menopause Podcast on Apple Podcasts

I had enjoyed watching Louise when she presented BBC Breakfast and was pleased to have the opportunity to read this via the Pigeonhole and find out some of what she had got up to since leaving the programme. Out of the 18 women she interviewed (whilst completing a physical challenge), I had only heard of the para-cyclist Kadeena Cox. I was able to live vicariously through Louise as she completed triathlons, free-diving under ice in Finland, and went caving to name just a few of the challenges alongside interviewing these ladies. In the words of Belinda Kirk: "It is not an adventure unless there is adversity. If you aren't suffering a bit… you haven't left your comfort zone. It is beyond your comfort zone, where you stretch yourself, that you learn."Fearless:Adventures with Extraordinary Women by Louise Minchin is a fabulous, inspiring book about women who are extraordinary. I wasn't very familiar with TV presenter and triathlete Louise Minchin, as I don't watch breakfast TV, but the concept of this book sounded interesting. In her introduction, Louise observed that as a TV presenter she would often interview people who'd achieved feats of daring or endurance, but noted that those featured were nearly always men. (You know the sort of thing - 500 marathons in 500 days while barefoot and balancing a tin of soup on your head.) Louise talks frankly about how she re-discovered sport in her 40s, having regrettably stopped competitive swimming as a young girl, put off by the shape of her muscular arms. Support this Podcast by subscribing/following its FREE and really helps us produce more content just like this episode. If you enjoy this Podcast why not leave a 5 star review or rating.

Fearless - a book by Louise Minchin - The Outdoor Guide Fearless - a book by Louise Minchin - The Outdoor Guide

Having worked on BBC breakfast for over 20 years, Louise Minchin noticed something… all the adventurers she interviewed were men. Driven to bring more attention to female stories of courage and endeavour, Louise pushes herself to the extreme and embarks on thrilling endurance adventures around the globe with trailblazing women. I bought this book because I have always admired Louise’s sense of adventure and I now respect her even more as she has the honesty to admit that to be “fearless” is not to be scared. There are loads of inspirational women featured here, many of whom have overcome considerable obstacles to achieve what they have - ultrarunner Susie Chan, trailblazing rugby player Zainab Alema, Paralympic cyclist Kadeena Cox, ice swimmer Cath Pendleton, and many more.

Event details

She freedives under the ice in the dark in Finland with Cath, the first woman to swim a mile in the Antarctic Circle; she cycles across Argentina with Mimi, one of the world’s most famous female endurance runners; and she swims from Alcatraz with Anaya and Mitali, two young sisters who have braved the shark-infested waters over 70 times. I read loads of this out loud to my husband, who I’m sure enjoyed it as much as me! There are feats of endurance, skill and bravery. I’d love to say that it has inspired me to go off and do something equally “fearless”, but I’m more than happy to just read about it! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment