276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Chime Seekers

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Great resources to help link HURLY BURLY with Shakespeare and Macbeth in class, plus book review sheets and games! The winners of the Diverse Book Awards 2023 have been announced, with one winner from each of the four categories announced: Picture book, Children... She is Evie, twelve years old, and they are people inside her dream. Next day, she meets both the cat and Wainwright in real life. And so begins the most magical and dangerous adventure that any child could wish for.

This is a thrilling read. I would highly recommend this book to any upper key stage 2 pupil because the plot is enchanting and full of empowering themes. Children will be taught about perseverance, acceptance, courage and friendship. Yanni's character is constantly evolving and children will be able to relate to this whilst being enthralled by the realm of Hallow Fall and its inhabitants. A quest like no other: Ross Montgomery is on spectacular form in this brilliant, edge-of-your seat story.” The beautiful cover by David Dean, along with the illustrations within the book, lend a suitably gothic feel to the story. This would make a great book to read aloud, due to the number of cliff-hangers and awful decisions Yianni makes throughout the story. Suitable for upper key stage 2.

Age range(s)

I absolutely adored The Midnight Guardians - one of my most loved books of 2020 - so was highly anticipating The Chime Seekers and it did not disappoint. Wainwright nodded. ‘The magic is hidden inside her. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve been watching her for a while.’

Yanni's life was perfect before his little sister was born and ruined everything. His parents are exhausted, they spend less time with him, and the entire family had to move to accommodate their new member. Yanni just wishes Ari had never been born!PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Chime_Seekers_-_Ross_Montgomery.pdf, The_Chime_Seekers_-_Ross_Montgomery.epub This proved to be a thrilling, mysterious, and enjoyable middle grade story and Ross Montgomery is definitely an author I am eager to adventure with again. Rich in detail, humour and feeling. Ross Montgomery is a singular talent in writing brave and magical adventures.' -Katya Balen Posters and worksheets for THE MIDNIGHT GUARDIANS, including a display cut-out standee! All illustrations by David Dean.

The extraordinary true story of my family’s escape from Nazi Germany that haunts my debut children’s book Author Anna Kemp introduces The Hollow Hills, the sequel to her dark magical tale, Into Goblyn Wood. As in all the best adventure stories, there are lots of really scary moments. One of my favourite scenes is where Yanni is chased by statues: A collection of lesson plans and resources for a CHRISTMAS DINNER OF SOULS English topic, each one focusing on a different chapter, and eventually leading to a “Write Your Own Tale” extension project! We are all creatures of language': Lifetime Achievement Award winner John Agard on his incredible life and career

You don’t want to fill your scenes with blood and dead bodies and weapons – but you do want your reader to think about them. Every word should be horrible: the trees shouldn’t be wide, they should be bloated. The sun shouldn’t be hot, it should be blood red. Your characters don’t just walk – they creep, they stumble, they shudder and groan. Don’t just say things are weird or creepy or scary: show what makes them scary. He lights up the world with his words and his love': Top authors and illustrators on John Agard's Lifetime Achievement Award win Ever wanted to write your own children’s adventure book? In my online Domestika course, you can learn how to piece together a synopsis, from first seeds to final submission! Completed in your own time and with a great online community. Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark...

A deliciously creepy, wonderfully imaginative, folklore-filled tale from a hugely talented and accomplished storyteller.” FLAWLESS. Witty, emotional, beautifully written, pacey, punchy, and a story that just keeps delivering.' -Nicola Skinner I loved the atmospheric writing, the colourful cover and the compelling characters. I have read the authors previous book and I found the same things I loved in that book still sing true for this one - great pacing, great characters and absolutely THE BEST world building.A fantastic adventure with shades of Jan Mark, Susanna Clarke and Neil Gaiman … A brilliant example of the best children’s fiction.” A fantastic adventure with shades of Jan Mark, Susanna Clarke and Neil Gaiman ... A brilliant example of the best children's fiction.' -Christopher Edge My first choice was to keep it simple. I decided that magicians each have one power: one skill that is unique to them and them alone. This was based on a discussion, that became an argument, I had with my friends at school – if you could have one magical power, what would it be? A friend said that he’d be able to stop time – I said that this would be a horrible power to have! You’d be the only person in THE UNIVERSE who didn’t experience time like anyone else – it would be more of a punishment than a power! My friend got annoyed, and asked what power I’d have then – and I said the power to magic a glass of water in my hand at will. We argued about that for hours. I guess the only positive thing to come out of it is that I came up with Onslow’s power from it!’ Over to you Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child... When I started writing Spellstone, one of the things I had to decide was how magic works in the book. Can anyone be a magician? Do you need wands to cast spells? What makes you more or less powerful than another magician?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment