276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Oppo A17 Smartphone, 5000mAh Capacity, 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, MediaTek 6765, 6.56“ HD+ (720x1600) |60Hz LCD, Android12 + ColorOS 12, Midnight Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No USB-C. While the OPPO A17 has a generous battery, it's let down by its micro USB connector. On top of being all but defunct as a standard, micro USB results in long charge times; expect up to three hours to entirely top up the OPPO A17. While this doesn't matter if you normally recharge your phone overnight, it's a sharp contrast to the fast charging tech OPPO often touts across its devices. The OPPO AI Camera array, consisting of the 50MP main sensor with 2MP depth sensor on the rear and a 5MP selfie-cam on the front. There’s options for portrait shooting and low-light photography. using the combo on the rear, with the front camera offering a Fill Light option which lights up the screen if you need a little more light. Can't wait for this contract with EE to come to and end so this contrary piece of rubbish can go straight into the recycling bin, for scraps. The device also features Super Nighttime Standby which uses AI to learn users sleep patterns and reduce power consumption to control battery use to within 2 to 3 per cent of total capacity during a single night.

It has a single amplifier that drives the mono earpiece in phone mode, if in hand-free or music mode and a down-firing bottom speaker. The battery life on the OPPO A17 comfortably saw me through two days of use with at least seven to eight hours of screen on time, with one 3-day stretch offering upwards of 11 hours of screen on time across that period. These graphics cards are not suited for Windows 3D games. Office and Internet surfing however is possible. This device comes with a 5000mAh non-removable battery that can provide all-day battery life for moderate usage. While it may not be the largest battery in its class, the device’s power-efficient hardware helps maximize its longevity. The smartphone is equipped with a Mediatek MT6765 Helio G35 processor and 4GB of RAM. It ensures smooth multitasking and capable performance for everyday tasks, such as web browsing, social media, and light gaming. Primary and Selfie Camera When it comes to the camera, the Oppo A17 takes the lead with a 50MP primary camera and a 2MP depth sensor, compared to the Motorola E13’s 13MP primary camera. However, both devices have a 5MP front camera for selfies and video calls.

Should you buy this phone?

ColorOS is a light touch over Android and is easy to use. OPPO A17 Camera – Good in day and office light – Pass Screen brightness also caps out at 600 nits, which isn’t terribly bright, but suitable for indoor use. Users who are planning to spend more of their day outside might find themselves squinting to fight through glare on a sunny day, affecting general scrolling, photography accuracy when framing and reading long portions of text. Performance All are fit for purpose. Wi-Fi is a maximum of 433Mbps, keeping the 5GHz signal to 10m from the router.

Video (we are not video experts): You can shoot at 1080p@30fps, but there is no stabilisation in any mode. We found 720p@30fps had better colour. The mono mic is not very sensitive and misses recording sounds. Perhaps the worst lag I suffered was keyboard input, which was frustratingly slow – something Scott also found with his review on the budget focused OPPO A57s. There were times when entering text I was waiting for the phone to catch up, with it displaying what I’d typed after a few seconds – but other times saw it miss half of what I typed and put together a mish-mash, forcing me to start again. Further information can be found in our Comparison of Mobile Graphics Cards and the corresponding Benchmark List.The OPPO A17 is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 Mobile processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage on-board. You can expand that storage with a microSD card which is always helpful in these budget phones.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment