276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

De Ruyter claims achievements in his three years. The culture changed, operations began to show signs of recovery, at an operational level the utility was profitable, Lethabo power station turned around, he successfully lobbied the Presidency for the lifting of the cap on what independents can produce, and he helped raise billions for South Africa’s green energy transition. De Ruyter said that when he reported the corruption to Gordhan, the minister looked at Mufamadi and said “Well, I guess it was inevitable that it would come out”. Learn to install PV systems with 2 full days of practical training. Starting with nothing but a wiring chart and material list, we plan and execute the installation together, from attaching mounting structure up to commissioning and testing of the system. P3,650 ex VAT. Register here Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom". Penguin Random House South Africa . Retrieved 15 May 2023.

Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom : Ruyter, Andre Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom : Ruyter, Andre

All this drives home the hopeless positions in which state-owned enterprisesfind themselves. They are tied and bound and made unfit for purpose. The cookie is set by CasaleMedia. The cookie is used to collect information about the usage behavior for targeted advertising.De Ruyter compares Ramaphosa to a 'genial country club manager' in new book". The Citizen. 14 May 2023 . Retrieved 16 May 2023.

Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom (e-book) by De

The cookie is set by Krux Digital under the domain krxd.net. The cookie stores a unique ID to identify a returning user for the purpose of targeted advertising. In the vacant office of the Eskom chairman, I told Gordhan and Mufamadi what the investigators had unearthed, but paused before dropping the biggest bombshell – the fact that two high-ranking politicians had been implicated. On the other hand Andre dishes out a lot of valid points on governance, leadership and operational issues affecting the performance of Eskom. He was clearly on the verge of a lot breakthroughs and would have seen them through, had it not been for the alleged interference of all the external influential parties he mentions. One also has to applaud his bravery in naming some of the criminal syndicates that are actively invested in looting and making sure that Eskom is never operating at its optimal level. Lastly, this book raises a lot of issues that are worth highliting for us citizens to ponder upon, before going to the polls in the upcoming year. Under the Treasury’s debt relief plan for Eskom, once an international engineering firm has made findings on the state of our ageing coal-powered fleet, power stations that are worth rescuing will be handed over to private firms to run.But with all the red tape and problems at Eskom, will the private sector not find themselves in an untenable position?The same is true of electricity. And there it's even worse. Even if you could label electrons, it wouldn't matter. Because the bulk of the system is AC, it's just electrons oscillating roughly where they are. They're not moving around in a circle. What you're buying is the electromagnetic field they help set up. But there's no way to sequester that for specific customers. On the whole, the book is worth reading even though it seems to make the same point across a few chapters (corruption exists, SOE management is not held accountable the same way they would be in the private sector, the ANC can't/won't clean out the filth). The book comes on the heels of a series of explosive television interviews, [3] in which de Ruyter openly accused the ANC of being the cause of almost all the issues at Eskom that were causing the country to suffer significant loadshedding. At a signing ceremony for new independent power projects at the IPP Procurement Programme Office in Centurion on 8 December, Mantashe made the astonishing statement that Eskom was ‘actively agitating for the overthrow of the state’. The Eskom representative at the signing ceremony sent me an alarmed WhatsApp, saying that the minister’s statement was so incredible that he wasn’t sure that he had heard correctly. He conferred with Terence Creamer of Engineering News , who confirmed that he had heard the same thing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment