276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rainbow High, 8 pieces - each 10 cm, 1 x 16 cm - 8 cm cake topper, birthday cake decoration,

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No matter where you take this cake, it is always a crowd pleasing favorite with it's bright colors and fantastic flavors! When ready to eat, thaw it in the fridge overnight then set it out to come to room temperature before you slice and serve. My recipe makes six sponge layers, but you can make one extra layer by halving the cake quantities and baking a single sponge dyed pink – use this as your seventh layer.

If the buttercream has ‘torn’ in places, dip your palette knife in hot water and use that to smooth over any imperfections. I was a little nervous as even though I am no means an expert, I've never added the wet ingredients as they are to the dry.Grease 6 x 20cm/8in loose bottom sandwich cake tins (approximately 4cm/1½in deep) and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper.

Put 2 spoons of the buttercream on the top of the cake, then spread the buttercream towards the edges and down the sides with a palette knife. Colour the buttercream in the same way you coloured the cake batter, then place each colour into a separate piping bag.Six layers of madagascan vanilla sponge are generously filled and frosted with either our Belgian chocolate or vanilla buttercream and then decorated with our special sprinkle mix and glitter. It's truly one of the best and easiest ways to make a rainbow cake, whether you are doing a single layer cake or even more layers than I used here! Sift the icing sugar on top, bring the mixture together at a low speed, then beat at high speed for a few minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Storing: A fondant covered cake can be kept in a storage container at room temperature for up to 3 days or refrigerated for up to a week (depending on your choice of fillings and/or toppings).

Scrape the different batters into the tins, trying to spread and smooth as much as possible – but try not to waste a drop of the batter – a rubber spatula will help you. Using a knife or a cheese grater, trim the sides of the cake to within a few millimetres of the cake board it’s sitting on. Repeat this process for the green, yellow, orange and pink sponges until you have assembled the whole cake with five layers of buttercream in between.Freezing: For long term storage, cover the cake tightly with plastic wrap then foil and place it in the freezer for up to a year (again dependent on any spoilable toppings and/or fillings). This truly easy to make one pan rainbow layer cake is topped with vibrantly colored fondant polka dots for a fun cake that anyone can make! We've been in business for more than 7 years We love our job and would do our best to help you make your event as cute as possible. We developed a brand new Madagascan vanilla seed cake recipe to make sure that our Rainbow layer cake would be super moist and have that real authentic buttery vanilla birthday cake taste.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment