276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mothership

£51.245£102.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Top 20 Albums– January 2008". CAPIF. Archived from the original on 31 May 2011 . Retrieved 19 January 2009.

The trend for CDs is to make them very loud. Mastering engineers do that by reducing the difference between the very quiet bits and the very loud bits, so that everything occupies a muscular middle range. It reduces subtlety and finesse. But like television adverts, which use similar compression techniques to be louder than the programs they interrupt, it sure as hell makes an impression. This becomes clear when we play Good Times, Bad Times from 1969. On the LP, the drummer, John Bonham, sounds like a hyperactive giant swinging a sledgehammer around a quarry. Then we hear the 1990 CD version. "Doesn't quite make it, does it?" says Mew. It doesn't. But I can't quite work out why. If you’ve spent the last year buying the Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe Editions then your appetite for Zeppelin vinyl is probably well and truly sated… but just in case, the band’s 2007 compilation Mothership is being made available again across four vinyl records. CD, Compilation, Remastered, Stereo; DVD, DVD-Video , Dolby Digital, dts; All Media, Deluxe Edition , Cardboard sleeve Top 100 Album-Jahrescharts". GfK Entertainment (in German). offiziellecharts.de. Archived from the original on 6 January 2016 . Retrieved 27 May 2021. Edit: After more careful listening and perhaps with a bit of prejudice I have to re evaluate some of my standpoints. The high end is still really clear and crisp but the the music really takes a downgrade when it gets busy, especially anywhere other than the high end. Even my dirty Italian copy has better sound on immigration song. It might be unfair because of inner groove distortion so I tried Good times bad times and Baby Im gonna leave you and I still prefer my 70s issues. On Baby Im gonna leave you sure the individual guitar strings sound clearer but the vocals are lost along with the emotion in the music. Its more like CD which would be quite accurate considering this is pressed from the same digital source of the tapes that the 2014 remasters used. Listening to both new pressings I cant tell them apart, even the volume is the exact same so it must be. Now I dont hate digital as long as its done right, its all about the sound, I love the Pink Floyd 2016 remasters, all made from digital. But I cant say I have been playing the box too often. Its just more fun with whole albums. Especially when I now consider them sounding better overall. Im going to start collecting the Classic Records releases and compare, supposedly they are the best since the original. While this box is not bad I would only recommend it if you are not a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and you want the best songs on a newer release. Then its brilliant. Otherwise save your money for some NM 70s issues or look at saving towards the Classic Records from 2000 or 2007 by Bernie Grundman.Top Billboard 200 Albums – Year-End 2008". Billboard. Archived from the original on 28 February 2015 . Retrieved 27 May 2021.

Cohen, Johnathan (23 October 2007). "iTunes Welcomes Zeppelin With Catalogue Box". Billboard. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014 . Retrieved 19 November 2007. Probably the key buying point here is that this new vinyl set uses the new 2014/15 remasters, which is good news since the original compilation mastering has never been fans’ favourite. Jahreshitparade Alben 2008". austriancharts.at. Archived from the original on 27 January 2016 . Retrieved 27 May 2021. French album certifications – Led Zeppelin – Mothership" (PDF) (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.Led Zeppelin / Mothership 4LP vinyl". superdeluxeedition.com. 15 October 2015. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015 . Retrieved 18 October 2015. CD, Compilation, Remastered, Stereo, Multichannel; DVD, DVD-Video, Multichannel, NTSC, Compilation, Stereo Blender - All Things Blender, All In One Place". Blender.com. Archived from the original on 15 May 2021 . Retrieved 17 May 2021. Album – År 2007" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Archived from the original on 18 June 2020 . Retrieved 27 May 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment